Help needed: newbie with huge CBB problem SOLVED

Bernard Rasson

Hi everyone,
after almost a whole night, I finally discovered many things in CBB:
how to patch several soft synths in my project (TTS1, Roland Cloud XV 5080, Roland Cloud Sound Canvas)
how the drum map manager was accessed and used
how you could see a midi drum track
and a few other things
I saved my project as a CWP file and went to sleep
Today I tried to resume work and to my horror, I saw that the project was loaded just like the midi file I worked with: a dozen midi tracks plugged into Cakewalk TTS-1
what is going on here ? I checked that I wasnt working with a demo version but the About screen tells me: Free: Activated by Bandlab
wtf ? this is seriously beginning to feel more like debugging a software (I used to be a Windows/Delphi developer)than playing music
thanks in advance,
Bernard

BIAB Audiophile 2021, BIAB Megapak 2015 (for midi-only projects), Cakewalk, Roland XV-5080, Roland Fantom XR, Aria AC60 Nylon Strings Guitar, Almansa Spanish Guitar, Fender Stratocaster Japan, two laptops
Je parle français

So you saved the project as a CWP file. How did you open it this morning?  
You probably opened the wrong file.  The recent list can’t always be trusted. 
use the file menu and browse to the folder you keep your project in and open it from there. 
Cakewalk is very stable you just need to take the time to learn. 
Try watching the tutorials by Creative Sauce first. 

• Like 1

Hi John,

you are right; I hate it when programs don't display the file extensions and don't warn you you are going to lose some important data

but then,

"Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew"

I just took advantage of the very interesting prices offered by several software companies (like kontakt at half price) at the same time than discovering CD-ROM libraries for my XV-5080 workhorse

thank  you so much

Bernard

Cakewalk can be easily set to auto save. And it most certainly always warns you to save if you try to close it. It actually warns you even if you didn’t change anything.  
It a good habit to open a new project using a template which you can either use the examples or make your own then it will be named and always saved. 
if you open a midi file you will need to use “save as” and choose “normal “ which will convert it into a CWP File. You should do this before you make any changes to it. 
in my signature are links to my tutorials on midi 

• Bernard Rasson changed the title to Help needed: newbie with huge CBB problem SOLVED

Thank you John

The opening screen of CBB is actually better than the recent files list: it does display the file extensions along with a small size picture of the screen when the file was saved; thus a project using the Roland Clound Sound Canvas for exemple will show with a big orange coloured mark

This is quite smart

Thank you for the videos. I will certainly use them

• Like 1