Bypass Buttons

K. M. Joshi

Hi!
This is a small issue found by one of the members in the Facebook group Cakewalk by BandLab.

The bypass buttons found in the plugin UI (top left) and the FX Rack (on the track panel and the mix console) don't seem to be linked. Toggling one of the buttons should automatically toggle the other one as well, I think. And it doesn't seem like there is any difference between the two either.
It'd be great if this bug could either be explained or fixed, thank you!

(Attached pictures show the behavior)

Screenshot 2021-02-24 214912.png

asdfasdf.png

10 minutes ago, Kaustub M. Joshi said:

Hi!
This is a small issue found by one of the members in the Facebook group Cakewalk by BandLab.

The bypass buttons found in the plugin UI (top left) and the FX Rack (on the track panel and the mix console) don't seem to be linked. Toggling one of the buttons should automatically toggle the other one as well, I think. And it doesn't seem like there is any difference between the two either.
It'd be great if this bug could either be explained or fixed, thank you!

(Attached pictures show the behavior)

Screenshot 2021-02-24 214912.png

asdfasdf.png

I think its special not synchronized maybe is there some purpose to don't do it. Maybe someoen can comment why it need to be seperated behaviour.Anyway it can be logical and good to it working together but i guess its made by that for the reason

Edited by solarlux

AFAIK, they call different functions.

All plug-ins may be bypassed in the FX Rack. This is implemented in the DAW itself.

The bypass button in the plug-in standard header is linked to the VST3 host bypass function. This must be implemented by the plug-in and is only available in VST3 format.

Unlike the DAW plug-in bypass, the VST3 host bypass may be automated. IIRC, because this may be automated, it does not cause PDC to be recomputed like the DAW plug-in bypass options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1