The problem with starting your day early.

Shane_B.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

It's only 9am and I feel like I've wasted the entire day already.

Not that there's anything to do or anywhere to go.

Losing my marbles. Something's gotta give. Soon.

I've been making music and video editing. I don't know how I ever found time to go to work.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

I can only do my music so long then the Tinnitus starts acting up really bad and I need to take a break. After about 30 minutes the 80Hz and 5kHz tone in my left ear with what sounds like Morse Code in the background and the 10kHz tone in my right ear start to get significantly louder. That's why I was thinking of getting in to something else like gaming while I'm stuck inside but it costs too much to do right.

At least it's warming up here now. Probably should start spending more time outside.

Edited by Shane_B.
Fixed a dumb typo.

On 2/24/2021 at 7:19 AM, Shane_B. said:

It's only 9am and I feel like I've wasted the entire day already.

I feel that way by 6:00 AM.

Most mornings I'm up at 4:00, for no particular reason.

Well, actually tbh it's because I have a self-imposed rule of no cannabis until an hour before bedtime. So bedtime has been coming earlier and earlier.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2021 at 9:02 AM, Shane_B. said:

I can only do my music so long then the Tinnitus starts acting up really bad and I need to take a break.

My Tinnitus (at this point) is a random chirping sound similar to the sound of our smoke detectors when the battery needs replacing. And it's random which ear it's in. But, it's only in one ear or the other for the duration of the engagement on a given day.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, Bapu said:

My Tinnitus (at this point) is a random chirping sound similar to the sound of our smoke detectors when the battery needs replacing. And it's random which ear it's in. But, it's only in one ear or the other for the duration of the engagement on a given day.

If you take a tone generator and find the frequency and play it in just the ear you hear the Tinnitus in you can actually help it and in some cases make it go away completely. I've done this and it has helped.

Another thing that happens to me is I'll go deaf in one ear and suddenly hear a really loud ringing. My hearing immediately starts to fade back in while the ringing fades out and it feels like someone is pressing in my middle ear. According to my ENT Dr. they don't know why it happens but it is actually very common. It scares me because I worry one day it will happen and my hearing won't fade back in. It's happened a few times but when I went to bed and got up the next morning everything was back to normal. And it's a very uncomfortable feeling on top of the deafness and ringing. Loud sounds don't trigger it, it can happen any time. It's weird and scary.