Help Me Free My Mind

Jane Laws

It has been a while since I have recorded any new songs, but back into it at the moment.

This song is just me and my new guitar - a Maton EM100C-808 Messiah. Finding the new guitar very inspiring for my song writing and recording.

In recent years, songwriters have been encouraged to write songs about mental health to help bring community awareness to this most sensitive and important subject. Help Me Free My Mind is like all my other songs, written from my own experiences and life observations.

Help Me Free My Mind - Video

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

What an incredibly "beautiful" voice you have.  Very stirring and well performed.  Love the guitar and tone ,  I hope to hear more from you ..  mark

Thanks for the encouragement. It's great that the song "spoke to you," we've been using Cakewalk for years and the DAW does great work for us :)  The guitar and vocal were recorded using a Rode NT2000 mic through a Roland Octa-capture.

7 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Hi Jane,  whereabouts is that video taken?  Loved the song and your voice.  Also, what kind of guitar?

Hi David, We took the video on the foreshore in Safety Bay, a coastal suburb of Perth, Western Australia. We were filming at sunset just a week ago. The sunset usually glows beautiful shades of red and orange but on this particular night the sky was more ordinary :) The guitar is an Aussie Maton. It's an 808 Messiah model. (EM100C-808). I Bought the 808 just after Christmas when there was a bit of a discount happening :) Great you liked the song, thanks....

Hi Jane . . . this is simply a gorgeous and heartfelt song, straight from your core, and let me tell you when I listened it went straight to my core. Loving the lyrics and the honesty, so well played on that new guitar of yours . . . thank you for sharing here !

• Like 1

It is wonderful that this song is reaching out. I was a little concerned about putting this very personal song out there, but through your comments I am gaining confidence that this song connects with others; thanks for taking the time to listen, Jane

On 2/28/2021 at 4:39 AM, treesha said:

Makes me want to add strings to the song. 

+1 on that. It's a really nice performance of a great song, but the right amount of strings would give it a huge lift IMO. Where's George Martin when you need him?

• Like 1