Warn about previously armed tracks when recording

grannis

How many times have you armed a track for recording, hit record, then realised after that you forgot to disarm a track you armed earlier? Ok, it's usually recoverable, but it would be cooler to have an option to disarm previously-armed tracks - or at least warn you if you do the following...

Arm a track, hit record. Arm another track, hit record. Chances are, in this scenario, you just forgot to disarm the earlier track - not that you planned to record to one track before, then record the next take to two. Would be great if CWbBL warned you in this scenario.

If you arm a bunch of tracks without hitting record in between, you probably meant to do that - no warning.

i just look at the big red button up top - if it's dimmed, nothing is armed, if it is lit up, then i have one or more tracks armed.

image.png.d3707c0aff1ec7da368998611c9e54ed.png

in the latter case, i push it and it disarms all the tracks, on the other, if i press record and nothing happens, it's a "Doh!" moment and i try not to repeat it too many times before arming a track 🙂 

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

i just look at the big red button up top - if it's dimmed, nothing is armed, if it is, then i have one or more tracks armed.

in the latter case, i push it and it disarms all the tracks, on the other, if i press record and nothing happens, it's a "Doh!" moment and i try not to repeat it too many times before arming a track 🙂 

cool, so you would never see that warning and it would not interrupt your workflow.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:02 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

i just look at the big red button up top - if it's dimmed, nothing is armed, if it is lit up, then i have one or more tracks armed.

Well, if your monitor is not wide enough, that module is collapsed by default.