Softube Partners with Empirical Labs

cclarry

Softube + Empirical Labs, an epic collaboration

We’d like to announce that we have a new partnership with Empirical Labs, and we’re kicking it off with four new products: Mike-E Comp, Lil FrEQ, Trak Pak for Console 1, and Empirical Labs Complete Collection.

ELI and founder Dave Derr are well known for creating audio processing hardware that sounds amazing, and now we’ve created analog component modeling-based plug-in versions in close collaboration with Dave Derr himself. Both Softube and ELI take pride in the high standard of quality and craftsmanship in their work, and our philosophies are so similar that it’s surprising we didn’t do this sooner. Check out the results of this match made in sonic heaven. You won’t be disappointed.

Special intro offer

Empirical Labs Mike-E Comp, Lil FrEQ, Trak Pak for Console 1, and Empirical Labs Complete Collection are available now, and with this voucher, you can get any of them for 30% off the regular price. To take advantage of this voucher, log in to your Softube account and use this checkout code:

ANALOGHEAVEN

https://www.softube.com/softube-and-empirical-labs

59 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Complete Colletion is $314.30 with the code...
https://www.softube.com/empirical-labs-complete-collection

Logged in and saw "-134.70" after I applied the code and got all excited that Softube might've started pricing their stuff more competitively, thinking it was 349.00-134.70=$214.30, but it just applied to the original sale price.    

I'll probably be waiting with Bapu.

• Like 1

If you're on the UAD platform I highly recommend their ELI Fatso collection. It has the Jr version, which is like the hardware, and the Sr version, which  "offers a “Tranny” saturation control, Sidechain Filtering and deeper compression parameters including Threshold, Attack and Release. These special FATSO Sr. mods are only available with the UAD Powered Plug-In version."  I use it all the time. It's a great saturator, just don't engage the compressor. The comp is wicked versatile, it can be subtle on the "Bus" setting or it will smack the crap out of something on the more aggressive settings.  I got it during last year's holiday sale and it finds its way into every project. If you get it during a sale, it's around $150, comparable to the Softube, but no CPU hit. It's very easy on the SHARKs as well.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I would steer away from anything Console 1. Softube failed their end of the bargain with this UAD competitor and they're just trying to milk as much of it before it's suddenly discontinued for no apparent reason.

Don’t know where you’re getting this. Console 1 is at it’s second version, it’s out for many years and new products are released for it. I’m using it and it’s excellent.

• Like 1

I ended up getting this. Still awaiting the sn.

I liked the demo, and it will fit nicely in my Console 1 collection.

Always nice to have options, and I'm using C1 for 80+% of my mixing (besides time based fx etc).

Will report back on CPU usage.

• Like 1