Help! Cakewalk Broke After Update! SOLVED. Sort of.

Byron Dickens

I tried to update CbB today and it broke.

First, I couldn't download the Microsoft Edge web view (or whatever it is called. I can't remember exactly. This is what I got:Untitled.png.402bc120013fa13ca5afb4b6b2e4221c.png

So I clicked "close"  and then got:Untitled1.png.33b4b91fa9b2a8c32ac029e3b3b4b67e.png

"Try again" didn't work, so I cancelled. I got the message "rolling back updates" and then my desktop icon vanished!

I navigated to the folder where CbB is installed, found the icon and tried to launch it. I got this:

Untitled2.thumb.png.fd6f3d0dadcbd3addecad589bfe97b64.png

Closing the pop-up got a couple more similar ones about missing dll s.

Edited by bdickens

After this, I tried downloading CbB  through the Bandlab Assistant. I got the same message about Microsoft Edge, but the rest of the installation proceeded OK.  Or so I thought.

When it finished, I opened a file and started working. It went OK for a while & then CbB crashed.

Now, I can launch CbB, but it takes an exceedingly long time.  Then I try to open a project and it again takes an exceedingly long time and eventually stops here:

Untitled3.thumb.png.926623bf9890d4c0871345216fd4b808.png

If you had read the release notes for the update you are told that it will ask you to install what you ignored. It’s needed for the way you can now update without the assistant  Don’t blame people for not doing it as it seems like a scam. Badly done once again with that pita assistant