doen't recognise midi input

dominicwest

Question

Have had cakewalk for a month or so, was working well but now it doesn't recognise midi inputs. My midi cable is lighting up as normal when i play a note on the keyboard and the midi icon at the bottom right hand corner of the bar across the bottom of my computer screen is lighting up too, so I don't think its a problem with my cable or my midi keyboard, but it won't play the armed track. Also I can't even play a stand alone vst outside of cakewalk either, except by using the QWERTY or the mouse. Any idea what's happened?

5 answers to this question

On 2/22/2021 at 11:46 PM, John Vere said:

Make sure you midi device is checked in preferences /midi /devices as input 

Thanks for your suggestion. The usb/ midi lead is checked in preferences and I have bought another lead to check. The "in" light on the midi lead flashes when I play a note and the light on the little "midi in " icon that can be found in the bottom right of my computer screen- I believe its called the task bar also lights everytime I play a note on the midi keyboard, but if I play a note 50 times it will sound through the vst on my computer maybe once.

On 2/22/2021 at 12:14 PM, Promidi said:

Then the issue is not Cakewalk related.

Is it possible that you have inadvertently changed the sending MIDI channel of your MIDI controller? 

Certainly not deliberately. What channel should it be and I'll check?