Cakewalk Course Announcement

Robert McClellan

I’m happy to announce that Cakewalk is getting the attention it deserves from industry professionals! I encourage you to watch the video above I did with Warren Huart of Produce Like A Pro. 

This was a promotional venture to kick off the release of my new course in Warren’s Pro Mix Academy. (The Ultimate Cakewalk Course)

If you ever have any questions feel free to email me. I also go live once a week for Live QA and Tutorials. Last but not least here is an entire playlist showing love to this DAW:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwqZ0GPSfFgbc8gLCxaYngRGVvlaf57gI

If you’d like to learn more about the Cakewalk course you can find it on the Pro Mix Academy here: https://transactions.sendowl.com/stores/5349/205312 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

My needs are much simpler than mixing.  I am still trying to understand some of the more basic midi to audio, using EastWest and Kontakt.  Additionally, how to use the basic midi learn, articulation maps.  I feel that I can use GPO5, but having great distress w/Sinokinetic "Toccata" organ and EastWest strings.  I'm not, at this point, too concerned about mixing.  If this is not of interest to you, cam you point me in the right direction.

Willard

• Like 1

@RobertMcClellan may well have covered midi and audio in other videos (I'm sure he will point you the way 🙂 ) and you also may want to check out Mike at Creative Sauce who has a complete course on  Cakewalk here. He also has a specific video on routing Kontakt.  Hope these help

Edited by JoeGBradford

14 hours ago, willard cottrell said:

My needs are much simpler than mixing.

I get that. This course is for beginners really. It starts all the way from the ground up and allows the viewer to move at their own pace. I broke it up into smaller segments. As for MIDI routing and articulation that is an area I don’t dabble to much in as I am more of a “real instrument” kinda guy. However, this may help:

https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

These may prove useful as well:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, willard cottrell said:

My needs are much simpler than mixing.  I am still trying to understand some of the more basic midi to audio, using EastWest and Kontakt.  Additionally, how to use the basic midi learn, articulation maps.  I feel that I can use GPO5, but having great distress w/Sinokinetic "Toccata" organ and EastWest strings.  I'm not, at this point, too concerned about mixing.  If this is not of interest to you, cam you point me in the right direction.

Willard

MIDI Learn: Right-click the knob/control you want to change. Click on Learn MIDI CC# Automation. Move the knob on the controller that you want to use.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:
On 3/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, willard cottrell said:

MIDI Learn: Right-click the knob/control you want to change. Click on Learn MIDI CC# Automation. Move the knob on the controller that you want to use.

Oh yeah! If this is essentially all you’re needing help with then the ACT module on the control bar should help. I’ve used it to map my old BR-800 to the faders and my existing MIDI keyboard as well. (M-Audio Oxygen 49) I demonstrated it here: 

*Please don’t mind the fact that this was years ago and I didn’t even have gray hairs yet... 😂 

• Haha 1