Can not create a ttack

Neil Harris

Question

I am new to home recording and I’m having trouble making a track on cakewalk. I have the inputs and outputs correct and can hear sound from the plugins. The track is armed to record but when I hit the record button I get a message saying I am unable to create a track. I was able to make a track until about a week ago. Any tips or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated 

12 answers to this question

I’m using an m-audio m-track duo. The driver type is usb audio codec and WASAPI shared. I was able to record up until about a week ago then for some reason I can’t not. I also cannot use any loops from band lab or plug ins. I haven’t been able to use the loops from the beginning and I can hear everything fine using plug ins but when I try to record I keep getting the same message

Doubt this is driver related.

Possibly trying to write to compressed folder, an area marked read-only or anti-virus/malware  is blocking file creation.

3 hours ago, Neil Harris said:

I also cannot use any loops from band lab or plug ins.

Are there errors associated with this. If so, are they the same as the one posted? If not, what are they?

No. When I try to use a loop from bandlab it will play and I can hear it on the bandlab assistant . Just no sound comes through in cakewalk itself. When I use the plugins that came with the program- bass, drums, electric piano and strings I get the same thing. I can see them play but no sound. But if I go into the plug-in I can hear it just fine

Edited by Neil Harris

It might be quicker if you watch some tutorials on basic operations. We have a sub forum here  as well as the highly recommended Creative Sauce videos.  
I also don’t think that it’s a driver issue. Use WASAPI exclusive if you can. It’s next best thing to ASIO. 

Wonder if you use “save as “ and put the project on a different drive, even external, if it would work.