iLok server down?

msmcleod

1 minute ago, scook said:

IIRC, there was a notice up for several weeks about scheduled maintenance happening today.

Thanks!  - not a big issue, just doing a bit of software maintenance this weekend... making sure my plugins / daws are all up to date etc.  I was trying to refresh my iLok ZDT, but AFAIK it should be up to date anyhow.

The whole iLok thing scares me. I just ran in to a little iLok related hiccup myself and I don't even have one of the darn things on my system. Melodyne Studio 4 was giving me a low level driver error when I scanned for VST's at startup in Studio One 5. That error means the iLok Pace drivers need to be updated but I don't have anything that requires an iLok and I don't have the Pace drivers on my system. There was an update to Melodyne Studio 4 that I didn't know about and when I did that it fixed the problem when I do an auto scan for VST's at startup but it still happens when I do a manual scan. What threw me off is when you click on 'Check for updates' none come up. I just takes you to a website where you can buy Melodyne Studio 5 so I assumed the update life cycle was over. Tech support said I had to manually go in to my account and check. So much for the 'Check for updates' button. 🥴 Gotta love PC's and software and developers.

Error.jpg.4e48e2de9a78a23dc80ae9871d16ea4b.jpg

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

The whole iLok thing scares me. I just ran in to a little iLok related hiccup myself and I don't even have one of the darn things on my system. Melodyne Studio 4 was giving me a low level driver error when I scanned for VST's at startup in Studio One 5. That error means the iLok Pace drivers need to be updated but I don't have anything that requires an iLok and I don't have the Pace drivers on my system. There was an update to Melodyne Studio 4 that I didn't know about and when I did that it fixed the problem when I do an auto scan for VST's at startup but it still happens when I do a manual scan. What threw me off is when you click on 'Check for updates' none come up. I just takes you to a website where you can buy Melodyne Studio 5 so I assumed the update life cycle was over. Tech support said I had to manually go in to my account and check. So much for the 'Check for updates' button. 🥴 Gotta love PC's and software and developers.

Are you sure that's iLok related? I thought iLok for Melodyne 5 was optional; according to their FAQ, one of your activations must be via their own proprietary licensing system:

If you bought a "Melodyne assistant”, "Melodyne editor” or "Melodyne studio” edition, you can transfer only one of the two activations to an iLok2 or iLok3 USB dongle. One of the two activations always has to remain with our computer-based activation system.

5 hours ago, antler said:

Are you sure that's iLok related? I thought iLok for Melodyne 5 was optional; according to their FAQ, one of your activations must be via their own proprietary licensing system:

iLok activation has always been optional since I've been using Melodyne 2 thankfully. When I did a search for that error [user privileges insufficient to start a low level driver] a ton of hits came up regarding iLok and how to update their Pace drivers. But it does seem like a very generic error message that could be related to just about anything.