Import of screensets doesn't work

JayCee99

Hi,

the import of screensets doesn't work for me. When I want to import a screenset from another project it says Import screenset from 'untiteled' and the imported screensets don't correlate to the exported screensets. Please check. Perhaps it would be helpful to save the screensets to a configuration file.

Thank you.

1. You need to have both the source project and the destination project open

2. The destination project has to have "focus" before doing the import.  If it's saying "Import screen set from Untitled", you've probably got the source project focussed instead.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer. So I have to say it works partly.

The menu only shows "untitled",  No matter what I do.

In the source the synth rack is closed in the destination it is opened.

The adjusted size of the Control View doesn't fit.

The adjusted size of the Piano Roll View doesn't fit.

Please test.

Best regards.

3 hours ago, JayCee99 said:

Thanks for your answer. So I have to say it works partly.

The menu only shows "untitled",  No matter what I do.

In the source the synth rack is closed in the destination it is opened.

The adjusted size of the Control View doesn't fit.

The adjusted size of the Piano Roll View doesn't fit.

Please test.

Best regards.

Are you using a workspace?  If you are, it's probably applying the workspace after importing the screenset.

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If that's the case, then why even have both instead of just one of them, since they do almost the same thing anyways?

They do not do the same thing.  To me they serve very different purposes, though both do have save and recall functionality.  There are many threads/posts that address the differences.  If someone else doesn't post links to those threads/posts, I'll see if I can  compile a list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

They do not do the same thing.  To me they serve very different purposes, though both do have save and recall functionality.  There are many threads/posts that address the differences.  If someone else doesn't post links to those threads/posts, I'll see if I can  compile a list.

This is absolutely correct.

Workspaces are for limiting/removing areas of functionality so you can focus on a particular workflow task.  The idea being, that if the various modules / menu functions you don't need are hidden, it's easier to find the functions you do need. Workspaces are global settings which are completely project independent. It's up to you whether the workspace overrides the project layout or not.

Screensets are project specific, and are for providing different layouts within that project.  I tend to use my own project templates so that the screensets are at least similar between projects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This is absolutely correct.

Workspaces are for limiting/removing areas of functionality so you can focus on a particular workflow task.  The idea being, that if the various modules / menu functions you don't need are hidden, it's easier to find the functions you do need. Workspaces are global settings which are completely project independent. It's up to you whether the workspace overrides the project layout or not.

Screensets are project specific, and are for providing different layouts within that project.  I tend to use my own project templates so that the screensets are at least similar between projects.

So, they do thesame thing, except one does it on a local scale with less adjustability.

How is that different from just switching
workspaces?