Presonus Studio One Sale Exclusively at Audio Deluxe

cclarry

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Why?

Drum notation is displayed in treble clef. Changing clef to the correct and even specifying that this is a drum track doesn't help.

If MIDI keyboard performance isn't quantized, notes that are slightly off the beat look funny and there is no setting to "quantize" the displayed notes.

Haven't checked TABs, because the "score" , although it looks beautiful, is not really useful.

image.png.33c81b02c91a69cd690bae2e728fe369.png

2 hours ago, abacab said:

It is meant to integrate with Notion, which has more comprehensive scoring features. But with SO5 on it's own, it's really just an alternative view to the piano roll. Like in Cakewalk.

I understand that. Score editor is supposed to make piano roll data humanly readable. Both Cakewalk's and SO's viewers leave a lot to be desired in that area and are more like toys than tools.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 12:34 PM, 53mph said:

A dumb question... I'm guessing all of us here use CbB, right?

Why do you need to buy another DAW? Isn't it overkill?

*Waiting for flack* 😬

Not everyone. I'm here because I was a SPlat user with a lifetime license, and I remember many of the members. When Bandlab picked it up (good on them!), I went back to Studio One. Been there ever since.

Plus, Lar saves me a lot of time with his updates and sales postings.

I said C, CC Larry

Oh, see what you have done

😅

• Thanks 1

Best Service is for the win.  $169 Tax-Free crossgrades during the Holiday Season!

I pretty much only buy software from there now, when possible.  The prices are almost always lower than MSRP, and no Taxes.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:34 PM, 53mph said:

A dumb question... I'm guessing all of us here use CbB, right?

Why do you need to buy another DAW? Isn't it overkill?

*Waiting for flack* 😬

Many have moved to using another DAW as their primary but stick around for the Community, and because they use Cakewalk as a backup.  It's also the place to be to keep track of developments surrounding the DAW.  The devs aren't really that active on Social Media, FWIS.

It's kind of hard to come back to SONAR/Cakewalk from another DAW if you've left and actually learned how to use it.  A lot of Quality of Life has to be sacrificed in that case.  You know the saying...  People never know what they're missing until they experience it.  That grabs a lot of people when they use competing products.

Those people most solid in sticking to it tend to be those that never left, or those that got another DAW, but never really committed to it - because learning a new DAW [naturally] tanks your productivity for a time (and I doubt those are "still buying other DAWs").

Typically, web forums bias to a product's most reliable user base.  The more fickle users typically aren't very active on them.

Edited by Maestro
  • Thanks 1