Presonus Studio One Sale Exclusively at Audio Deluxe

cclarry

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/search/site/Studio One

Crossgrade to Pro is $209.97 and $20.99 in Deluxe Bucks Exclusively at Audio Deluxe

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/studio-tools/presonus-studio-one-5-professional-crossgrade

Upgrade from Pro is $104.97 and $10.49 in Deluxe Bucks

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/studio-tools/presonus-studio-one-5-professional-upgrade-professionalproducer

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mibby said:

That's a pretty good price, but it was a TOTAL no-brainer $79 bucks around Xmas which is when I picked it up.  🙂

Thanks, mibby! I wouldn't have missed that sale had I been able to walk and talk.

43 minutes ago, 53mph said:

I'm guessing all of us here use CbB, right?

Why do you need to buy another DAW? Isn't it overkill?

That's a good question! In my case, it's different workflows and sets of tools. Like Laravel vs Vue.js, for lack of a better example.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Thanks, mibby! I wouldn't have missed that sale had I been able to walk and talk.

That's a good question! In my case, it's different workflows and sets of tools. Like Laravel vs Vue.js, for lack of a better example.

Had to look up Laravel. PHP - eww 😜

1 hour ago, 53mph said:

A dumb question... I'm guessing all of us here use CbB, right?

*Waiting for flack* 😬

As fully feature as CbB is, some DAWs are better suited for specific tasks and workflows. But of course, you have to pretend CbB is the only DAW you use, just like ProTools users.

19 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

But of course, you have to pretend CbB is the only DAW you use, just like ProTools users.

I'm no poseur. 🙂 

I mainly use Studio One Pro 5 now because I grew up with it's Arranger workflow and I'm more in tune with it that the CbB approach. I also really like their Chord Track implementation.

Even though I grew up on Cakewalk (from PA4 through SONAR Platinum) and still use CbB from time to time, as Bruno says, the workflow in S.O. suits me (not everyone) better.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 53mph said:

A dumb question... I'm guessing all of us here use CbB, right?

*Waiting for flack* 😬

Wrong, after using Cakewalk products from PA9 through Platinum (and REAPER) I jumped ship back in 2015 to Studio One and have never looked back.

"Why are you here?" - "The deals sir, the deals and only the deals" (the chuckles as well)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

"Why are you here?"

All my collaborators are here and 3 of them still use CbB (not that it actually matters when we're only exchanging full length .wav files).

This is a great community, always was and always will be imo.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bapu said:

This is a great community, always was and always will be imo.

Now if you said we are a very weird bunch you would of got plenty of likes :D 

Really I think Studio One  has its merits especially if you get one of there controllers. Presonus being a hardware company first has done a great job with how their controllers work with SO IMO.  Reason why I'm looking into buying one.

7 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Now if you said we are a very weird bunch you would of got plenty of likes :D 

Really I think Studio One  has its merits especially if you get one of there controllers. Presonus being a hardware company first has done a great job with how their controllers work with SO IMO.  Reason why I'm looking into buying one.

FP16 works great in SO. It also works straight up in Reaper and Mixbus 32C. In CbB and ProTools you need to switch to HUI, not a big hassle but it's a step to remember.

• Thanks 1

Just demoed SO5. It's definitely not worth the upgrade price. Pretty much the same functionality as SO4. No jacket required No new bells and whistles have had any use in my mixing/recording workflow.

Channel monitoring is buggy as hell. I had to toggle its state between takes just to be able to hear what was recorded. For some reason the Tape style monitoring setting has no effect on its behavior.

Score view is a joke.

Recording to takes works fine, but why on Earth the last take is not selected automatically? Why do I have to hear all takes playing back simultaneously?

The only thing I liked is the mix scenes feature - it resets mixer settings instantly, smoothly, without any dropouts.  

Huge disappointment overall. I'm glad I demoed it first.

3 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Score view is a joke.

Why?

It is meant to integrate with Notion, which has more comprehensive scoring features. But with SO5 on it's own, it's really just an alternative view to the piano roll. Like in Cakewalk.