Music Theory Tools reMIDI 2

cclarry

1 minute ago, Brian Lawler said:

Works OK for me in CbB, but only installed/tried the 64 bit VST3.

The problem is certainly machine specific. I did get it to run on my laptop with no problems. I should also state that I have no problems with V1 on either machine. The question is what is it on my desktop that is causing fits with reMidi V2? I have no problems with any other plugin.

It's been awhile since a plugin managed to completely block out all UI interactions in Cakewalk forcing me to kill process it.  But this new version of reMIDI 2 did.  Funny thing is I could still play the keyboard and it kept playing, just all the rest of the UI was locked with their about/info box open.  Their PANIC button also doesn't seem to work all the time (like when you need it to).

I like the new UI, but it's so buggy I give up.  The VST2 version seemed slightly less buggy but still unusable.

21 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

It's been awhile since a plugin managed to completely block out all UI interactions in Cakewalk forcing me to kill process it.  But this new version of reMIDI 2 did.  Funny thing is I could still play the keyboard and it kept playing, just all the rest of the UI was locked with their about/info box open.  Their PANIC button also doesn't seem to work all the time (like when you need it to).

I like the new UI, but it's so buggy I give up.  The VST2 version seemed slightly less buggy but still unusable.

That is exactly what is happening for me. Glad I am not the only one having this problem.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:32 PM, Yan Filiatrault said:

Is it good?

Let's just say it will help a hapless fool (like me) play well above his level as long as that fool can count to 4 and has some vague semblance of musical harmony.😅
It's similar to the Phrase Player in Ignite by AIR except it's not locked to any single DAW.
Some call them MIDI arpeggiators but it's not like there a ton of these plugins around.
Another plugin like this is Nora by Squareheads or, the even older midilooper by piz.