Audio to MIDI does not work ?

marcopurple

what I missed tell me what the problem is?

Trying to get a transcription of a rather simple guitar lick , I copied (dragged and dropped) a short audio clip (lead guitar) to a midi instrument track.  Hard drive grinds momentarily, but no clips show up on the midi track.  What am I missing?

4 minutes ago, Keith Wilby said:

You can't put an audio clips onto a MIDI track. Why would you want to? MIDI is digital information, audio is, well, audio, a sound.

THIS IS A BASIC FUNCTION, it converts the sound to midi notes, they have already explained to me why this does not work for me, I accidentally deleted (Melodyne), so the function does not work, now I do not know how to restore it all ((

31 minutes ago, marcopurple said:

THIS IS A BASIC FUNCTION

There's no need to shout. You're right, I've tried it and you can do this, so I've learned something valuable from you, thank you. I see you've started a new thread regarding Melodyne. I'll see if I can help as it's working perfectly for me.

17 minutes ago, Keith Wilby said:

There's no need to shout. You're right, I've tried it and you can do this, so I've learned something valuable from you, thank you. I see you've started a new thread regarding Melodyne. I'll see if I can help as it's working perfectly for me.

I don't shout, it's just that the keyboard layout was like this))) thanks if it helped you, I'm very glad))

• Thanks 1

Audio-to-MIDI by drag and drop depends on the Melodyne VST3.

If the Melodyne  Region FX (which also uses Melodyne VST3) is available the audio-to-MIDI and tempo detection features should be too.

If Melodyne is not installed, a trial version is available as an add-on. Use "Install Addons..." on the BA menu shown below to download and install the Melodyne demo.

AcbBZK7.png

When the trial expires, monophonic audio-to-MIDI  and tempo detection will still work; the editor and advanced algorithms will not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

Audio-to-MIDI by drag and drop depends on the Melodyne VST3.

If the Melodyne  Region FX (which also uses Melodyne VST3) is available the audio-to-MIDI and tempo detection features should be too.

If Melodyne is not installed, a trial version is available as an add-on. Use "Install Addons..." on the BA menu shown below to download and install the Melodyne demo.

AcbBZK7.png

When the trial expires, monophonic audio-to-MIDI  and tempo detection will still work; the editor and advanced algorithms will not.

thx you very much !!!!!