Amplitube 5 Problem - Satriani Collection

Syphus

Problem:  Trying to access the  Satriani "Tube Overdrive" in pedals causes a AT 5 Crash/exception in both standalone and VST3

What I'd like to find out is if anyone else is experiencing this.

If I touch the pedal, try to edit the pedal or insert the pedal in to the FX chain, I get a crash.  All the other pedals in the collection appear to be stable.  Also any presets with the pedal in it appear to be stable until you try to access the edit parameters.

I am using Windows 7 OS <--- If you are checking you version (of AT 5) I think this applies only to Win 7)

Also, if I try to use the pedal in AT 4 there is no problem.   If you are seeing this behavior, could you please let me know.

Currently I do have a ticket into IK for this but they are not able to reproduce it - They had me wait for version 5.02 update to see if it "fixed" itself, but it did not.  So now I am doing a survey to see if it is local to my system.

Thanks for your time . . .

Syphus

Edited by Syphus
add info

3 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

There is a new update to IK's Product Manager and AT5 which may help if you don't have them? I only have the free version of AT5 so don't know if this might be a solution but maybe worth a try?

Tried already - no luck.   IK support told me the new version was coming this week and see if that would change anything .   It did not.

Thanks

Syphus

• Sad 1

First thing, I didn't realize this was based of the Chandler product (of which I own a MosValve). Awesome.

This works for me in the standalone and in three different projects with different sample rates.

Is Windows 7 supported? You do know that W7 is sunset-ed, right?

6 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

This works for me in the standalone and in three different projects with different sample rates.

Is Windows 7 supported? You do know that W7 is sunset-ed, right?

Yes it is supported . . .  That would have been the first thing support would have informed me.

I thank you for checking - you did try to change the "Tube Overdrive" parameters.  The presets with the overdrive seem to work correctly.  It appears that the exception I am seeing has to do with one of the graphics DLLs in my system.  Also if you are checking this using Win 10, your check might be invalid for my purposes.

Thanks,

Syphus

Also, I am surprised A5 is Win7 or better(the I.T. guy in me had to check). Win7 is over a year past end of life, so no patching or fixes. Seems like a bad idea not to upgrade to W10. Why a developer would even say W7 or W8 was supported for a new release is a bad idea IMO.