XLN Early Bird Sale

cclarry

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

I don't know what's going on with these guys, but I couldn't get Addictive Keys to install the standalone app when I moved from an old desktop to a new laptop. Addictive Drums installed OK, but AK failed 3 times.

Final decision? Uninstall all things XLN and move on.

What did XLN support say when you contacted them?  I have had zero issues installing any of XLN products (including the four AK products)

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

What did XLN support say when you contacted them?  I have had zero issues installing any of XLN products (including the four AK products)

This happened while I was trying to decide what to keep (install on the new machine) and what to let go. I've got so many really good keyboard VIs that I just said the heck with it. So, I made no attempt to contact them for support, which I assume would have been satisfactory. I also punted on the boatload of Waves plugins I own. I just got WUP'd to death.

6 hours ago, John Maar said:

This happened while I was trying to decide what to keep (install on the new machine) and what to let go. I've got so many really good keyboard VIs that I just said the heck with it. So, I made no attempt to contact them for support, which I assume would have been satisfactory. I also punted on the boatload of Waves plugins I own. I just got WUP'd to death.

Even though i purchased my Waves plug ins before they started their massive discount strategy, which means they cost a LOT of money,  I have dumped all my Waves stuff as well. I miss just a couple of their plug ins, I think only because I had used them for so long I knew how they operated very well, but apart from those I am glad I did it - so no more WUP for me either!! FREEDOM😄

Now with XLN stuff I do use Keys now and again, but drums - these were my go to drums for years but now they sit there all on their own in the corner - they desperately need an update  - the only good thing is that they are not alone in the corner - they have BDF for Company!!!!!!

Nigel

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Even though i purchased my Waves plug ins before they started their massive discount strategy, which means they cost a LOT of money,  I have dumped all my Waves stuff as well. I miss just a couple of their plug ins, I think only because I had used them for so long I knew how they operated very well, but apart from those I am glad I did it - so no more WUP for me either!! FREEDOM😄

Now with XLN stuff I do use Keys now and again, but drums - these were my go to drums for years but now they sit there all on their own in the corner - they desperately need an update  - the only good thing is that they are not alone in the corner - they have BDF for Company!!!!!!

Nigel

Hi, Nigel! Good to see you around. New album coming. Woot!

I'm moving to France and had to make some really difficult choices about what to keep (ship) and what to part ways with. I kept almost none of my hundreds of DVDs/Blu-rays, and only 25% of my several thousand CDs.

My Devine Lies CDs? They made the cut. Outstanding music, plus I really didn't want to part ways with your autographed CD. My shipper picked them up two days ago. They're on their way to La Belle France!

EDIT: Since getting Superior Drummer 3, I wound up not using AD2 at all. I managed to download all of the AD2 MIDI files from their offline page before they took it down (meaning that you no longer have access to the MIDI files from the packs you own so you can use them with other drum VIs). That was SO unnecessary. Why?

Edited by John Maar

Hi John

La Belle France, you lucky man - I'm still stuck in Cape Town with no real idea when I will be able to get away.

Really glad you are enjoying the CD's still - I'm humbled they made the cut!! Can you PM me your new address, I'll see if we can't ship a little welcome present CD for you!

With regard to XLN audio midi stuff, I just use it in Superior Drummer - as I am sure you know there is a converter - I just trial it in Addictive drums, set up the midi, then switch it to Superior!

I hope the move goes well - when do you plan on getting there?

Keep well

Nigel

10 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi John

La Belle France, you lucky man - I'm still stuck in Cape Town with no real idea when I will be able to get away.

Really glad you are enjoying the CD's still - I'm humbled they made the cut!! Can you PM me your new address, I'll see if we can't ship a little welcome present CD for you!

With regard to XLN audio midi stuff, I just use it in Superior Drummer - as I am sure you know there is a converter - I just trial it in Addictive drums, set up the midi, then switch it to Superior!

I hope the move goes well - when do you plan on getting there?

Keep well

Nigel

Hopefully leaving for France the end of April. Sold my house. Renting until I can get a long-stay visa. I'll PM you with my France contact info when I have it. I was wondering if you were still in S.A. or back in Barbados. Stay safe!