VS-700c driver

reza sadeghi

Question

Hi guys,

Does any body know if there is a possibility to install the driver on OS Catalina? I tried but it says it is not compatible with this OS. As I researched the driver is 64 bit and should be compatible with Catalina  which run just on 64 bit.  It was working on Mojave but not on Catalina. Is there any solution to force it to work  on Catalina like the way we install it on windows 10?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

14 hours ago, reza sadeghi said:

Hi guys,

Does any body know if there is a possibility to install the driver on OS Catalina? I tried but it says it is not compatible with this OS. As I researched the driver is 64 bit and should be compatible with Catalina  which run just on 64 bit.  It was working on Mojave but not on Catalina. Is there any solution to force it to work  on Catalina like the way we install it on windows 10?

Thanks

The Roland website is the place to go for support on your VS-700 but it mentions this with regard to the 10.5 driver.

* When you use this driver version, you must update the V-STUDIO 700C (Console) to the latest System Update v1.31.

You can find more information here :-

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/v-studio_700/updates_drivers/

Edited by NealClark

56 minutes ago, NealClark said:

The Roland website is the place to go for support on your VS-700 but it mentions this with regard to the 10.5 driver.

* When you use this driver version, you must update the V-STUDIO 700C (Console) to the latest System Update v1.31.

You can find more inforamtion here :-

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/v-studio_700/updates_drivers/

Thanks for the info. I already did all what you said . I am using sonar for about 25 years or more . After purchasing this controller I was so happy that finally I have got a controller that fully supports Cakewalk. But after couple years Roland stopped the supporting the vs 700 . I remember when the Bandlab started to take over the  Sonar they were thinking about finding a way to make the controller back to work . But I never heard any more. I thought may be someone has a solution for that.

Thanks anyway

4 hours ago, reza sadeghi said:

Thanks for the info. I already did all what you said . I am using sonar for about 25 years or more . After purchasing this controller I was so happy that finally I have got a controller that fully supports Cakewalk. But after couple years Roland stopped the supporting the vs 700 . I remember when the Bandlab started to take over the  Sonar they were thinking about finding a way to make the controller back to work . But I never heard any more. I thought may be someone has a solution for that.

Thanks anyway

I am aware of the history of the VS-700 and it's integration with Cakewalk during the years Roland were involved. However your original question is slightly confusing as you were asking how to get the VS-700 working on "OSX Catalina"  and obviously Cakewalk does not run on OSX as it Windows only.

Cakewalk reported in another thread they approached Roland about (1) obtaining an updated driver, (2) providing support for Cakewalk to update the driver or (3) giving Cakewalk specifications and permission to develop a driver.  Roland does not seem to be interested.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:37 PM, Jim Fogle said:

Cakewalk reported in another thread they approached Roland about (1) obtaining an updated driver, (2) providing support for Cakewalk to update the driver or (3) giving Cakewalk specifications and permission to develop a driver.  Roland does not seem to be interested.

Thank you so much 

Hi, friends. Lot of time passed after topik starts. Maybe positive results have appeared? How, all the same, connect the VS-700 to newest Apple Macbook Pro (M1). Many years I use it with old Mac, but recently it died :( . So I was forced to buy new Makbook pro (M1) and have trouble now with cobbection!