MIDI Editing

Keith Wilby

It is the long bit at the top of the screen. Go Views -> Control Bar and see what disappears. Or if it is off, what appears.

You should see Events somewhere on it. (Layout is configurable.)

If you don't see Events, right-click on an empty spot on the Control Bar, then Modules, and switch on Events.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:58 AM, Keith Wilby said:

Is there a way to edit a MIDI value "en mass"? I expected the CbB event list to function like a spreadsheet but I can't get it to. In the example, how would I change the channel numbers to from "3" to "1" in one fell swoop?

Yes, the Event List would be much more effective if it allowed us to do bulk edits, filter single CC# and I could have much more ideas for it.

For what you're asking, Nigel's suggestion would be the quickest. I would also advice getting familiar with Find/Change process (formerly known as Interpolate) where you can do much more than this in just one swoop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Yes, the Event List would be much more effective if it allowed us to do bulk edits, filter single CC# and I could have much more ideas for it.

For what you're asking, Nigel's suggestion would be the quickest. I would also advice getting familiar with Find/Change process (formerly known as Interpolate) where you can do much more than this in just one swoop.

You can do that in Event List by using the "Select By Filter" feature in the Edit Menu. You highlight or select the events you need to change, for example, CC10, panning, access the Filter in the Edit Menu, and then the best thing to do is choose "none" at the bottom right. This will clear all the checkmarks and you can then start clean. Go to the controller line, enter "10" in both fields, hit OK and it will select all CC10 events. I did it last night for an entire orchestral piece where I wanted to change all the pans (I used to do panning with CC events; I do it differently now). Took about 30 seconds. you can do ti with notes also. Say you want to change the velocity on all A6 notes, because a certain sampled note is too loud. works the same way. A little-known but powerful Cakewalk feature that has been around forever.

• Like 2