Cambridge Audio Melomania earbuds

Pollux

hello all,

I recently got a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch wireless earbuds. I'm in love with them. The sound quality is amazing: tight, precise bass, crisp mids, shiny highs and a level of detail I never heard before with consumer headphones. One can hear the reverbs, and every small details of the sound with great clarity.

They are built using graphene drivers:

"What is Graphene

Graphene is a two dimensional one atom thick film. Graphene is the basic structural element of other carbon variants (allotropes), including graphite, charcoal, and carbon nanotubes. 

Advantages of Graphene:

• Graphene promises lower distortion, 
  • Increased bandwidth, 
  • Improved transient response,
  • It is more than 200 times stronger than high-strength steel 
  • can efficiently conduct heat and electricity. 
  • Known to provide good acoustical properties 
  • and a host of other potential improvements over the standard materials

Even with such promising properties. Still, as with most new materials, a significant amount of research and development is necessary to fully take advantage of graphene’s properties.

Graphene Drivers Vs Dynamic Drivers

The moving coil drivers or the dynamic drivers, use an electrically charged voice coil to move a cone and create sound waves. The heavier a speaker’s cone, the harder is to drive. 

As graphene has an incredible strength-to-weight ratio, graphene drivers can cut down on the amount of power that’s required to move the coil back and forth, creating better efficiency, and in theory, better sound. Thus, Earphones with graphene drivers are comparably light weight and more compact. "

With the firmware updates the bugs from the launch have been squashed (there was a lot of negative hype because of this).

They are also very comfortable (I can even sleep with them), as opposed to the Melomania 1 which I had to send back (even though I loved the sound) because they hurt my ears and couldn't wear them for over 30 minutes.

And they cost around half the price (or less) than other high end wireless earbuds 😎

Have fun and stay safe!

I've had them for almost a month now and I'm thrilled. I was a little disappointed at the beginning. These headphones do not use their full potential by far in their factory state. My expectations of Cambridge Audio were that I would get headphones that may not be completely linear, but still don't overdo it in any area. And they definitely exaggerate in the low end and also slightly in the bass. When the app's equaliser says balanced, I expect it to sound balanced. If you adjust the whole thing with the EQ in the app, it really almost sounds like you've put on an over-ear. But with the EQ in the app, you either have too much low bass or too little bass. Only now that the standalone equalizer from Poweramp with up to 32 bands is on the market, I have to say that these devices are absolutely amazing. My open DT 880 Pro with 250 Ohms almost have to watch out. I know DSP filtering is controversial, but I learned from the forum that Poweramp uses precise FIR filters. It also pulls well on the battery. For people who like to live in a subwoofer, I can unreservedly recommend them by default.

By the way: Graphene "enhanced" Driver

Edited by OMNIDROID2995 Computer - HiFi