Controlling Strum Session from keyboard

jkoseattle

I thought this would be a simple one, but I'm surprised that I'm having trouble finding anything on this.

How do I change parameters in Strum Session using the Midi keyboard? I read through the manual and found I can right click on something and select "Learn Midi Assignment", but it doesn't appear to do anything, plus I'm happy with whatever defaults it wants to assign to things rather than setting every control manually. What am I missing here?

MIDI learn should work from any MIDI keyboard for assigning parameters within a plugin. But there is no automatic assignment by default using that method. It is a manual task. But once setup in the project it should work fine. This is saved on a project basis, and is not global.

If you can setup ACT, your settings should be available in any project, once you have your control surface configured.

There are some ACT MIDI controller presets available for various models of keyboards. The setup procedure is described in the knowledge base article  (required reading): ACT MIDI controller plugin.

Edited by abacab