"Moonshine", i'm sure you have :-)

bats brew

Brilliant, I'd say.  I could never play that way but I like it a lot.  On CD Baby it says "Stay" by Bats Brew is recommended to those who like  Zeppelin, Kings X and Yes (not sure about Yes).   I'd say this particular song might appeal to those who like the Allman Bros. and/or Lynyrd Skynyrd. Great work.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:52 AM, Sailor55 said:

Brilliant, I'd say.  I could never play that way but I like it a lot.  On CD Baby it says "Stay" by Bats Brew is recommended to those who like  Zeppelin, Kings X and Yes (not sure about Yes).   I'd say this particular song might appeal to those who like the Allman Bros. and/or Lynyrd Skynyrd. Great work.

hey sailor! appreciate the kind words!

yep, on the cdbaby site, they only give you 3 spots, honestly, i just made that sh!t up on the spot! i grew up in jacksonville florida, so i was definitely influenced to some degree, by bands like skynyrd, and i always love the allman bros. so yea, i get that!

Very nice indeed!  It does have that southern rock edge but (IMHO) with a tinge of Yes mixed in.  I enjoyed the lyrics, and the playing, vocals, and mix were all excellent (as per usual).  I didn't know that you grew up in J-Ville.  That certainly would contribute to the Allman Bros. influence in the song.  Do you remember the Allman Bros. when they called themselves the Allan Joys?  Way back when they used to have a friendly competition with the Nightcrawlers (Little Black Egg) from the Daytona area.  Obviously the Bros. won that competition.

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

Do you remember the Allman Bros. when they called themselves the Allan Joys?  

heheh, yea, that'd be the allman joys!

but yea, those guys were just coming into their own when i was a but a wee lad...

and i heard all that stuff, all the time!

i was the weirdo around my music peers....

i liked the stones, and yes, and 3 dog night, and sabbath, and purple, and queen, and mahavishnu!

didn't mix it up well with sweet home alabama!!! LOL

hey, thanks for listening to this one... it was a lot of fun to write and record

I don't really know where to start on this one ..  That was by far the most interesting interaction between the guitars and the vocals I have ever heard.  Killer vocals and  yes , I did hear some "Yes" I think it was the harmony's and your vocal range .  That was a Very cool ending I couldn't figure out the next move ..  Great Song and production .    mark

On 4/2/2019 at 4:53 PM, mark skinner said:

I don't really know where to start on this one ..  That was by far the most interesting interaction between the guitars and the vocals I have ever heard.  Killer vocals and  yes , I did hear some "Yes" I think it was the harmony's and your vocal range .  That was a Very cool ending I couldn't figure out the next move ..  Great Song and production .    mark

wow mark! kind words, thank you sir.

yea,, the ending is supposed to be kinda like a hangover, with the nasty discordant chord signifying that, indeed, the moonshine has done its' job!