Saving track plugin and settings

steve trusty

in my experience - yes they're saved - you could verify this by setting up your FX rack, saving the file, closing, and re-open it. if the effects have their settings intact, you're all set. as a note, for complex set ups (say TH-3 with multiple amps, cabinets, and effects) i'd save them as a preset in the effect itself to ensure you are in fact saving things, and also you might reuse them as a starting point somewhere else.

i'm not sure if saving a track as a "track template" captures all the settings or if they're reset upon importing that template, but again, i tend to err on the side of creating a preset within the effect itself.

if the settings are something specific to a project or even a song, i'll save the preset with a name making it clear what it is, and with the project files as well as in the general presets folder. 

Thanks for your help! I will look into it! I actually still use th3  with other plugins from time to time so agreed saving presets within each one would prolly be a good idea just in case. I believe project template does save individual plugin settings. Seems track templates would as well. I’ve been away from my desktop, will have to try all the above. 

Thanks again