Waves Vocal Bender

cclarry

I have both.  Vocal bender is more like little alterboy (pitch and formant shifting).  Ovox is more like vocalsynth (resynthesizer).

So I use them differently and in my experience haven’t found one can replace the other.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you have need for one, or both, and you get 2 more free that you have need of from their limited list, seems like a no brainer...
and remember, buy them at EveryPlugin and use code YNY23 for an even greater discount.  Free plugins are still based on the prices
on Waves site!
https://everyplugin.com/

How does this work in everyplugin ( the spend $70 get 2 plugs free )? It seems to be based on the WAVES price rather than the everyplugin price? which are 32.99 and 38.99 adding to > $70

then any recommends for the 2 freebies

Edited by aidan o driscoll

2 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

How does this work in everyplugin ( the spend $70 get 2 plugs free )? It seems to be based on the WAVES price rather than the everyplugin price? which are 32.99 and 38.99 adding to > $70

then any recommends for the 2 freebies

BINGO!

The Waves price is the price you add to get the $70....not the EP reduced price

• Like 1

Just now, aidan o driscoll said:

But when this is done at Everyplugin .. where is the 2 free offer, where do you choose? OR is this done over at waves AFTER the everyplugin purchase??

When you register them at Waves that will trigger the two free plugins offer...

Here's what Waves site tells you...

If you shop through a certified Waves dealer:

All of the above terms & conditions apply.

You must register the serial numbers provided by your dealer in your Waves account before the end of the promotion.

One day after registering your serial numbers, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage where you will be able to log in to your Waves account and select your free plugins.

Free plugin selection must be completed by Friday June 4, 2021, 5:00 AM EDT

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 7:06 PM, kevin H said:

Agree, beside the built in modulation, it’s pretty much a clone.  Even the color scheme is similar.  Little Alter Boy to me is smoother.  But it you don’t have sound toys and make edm/hip hop and are on a budget at $39 it is cheaper than $99 for Alter Boy.  Although no WUP with sound toys.  

Have both, have used both extensively the past couple months. They have very different sounds and use cases. Vocal Bender is MUCH cleaner, and contrary to what you said, Little Alter Boy is MUCH dirtier...with a few features for more harsh sound design (i.e. the 3 modes + drive). However, Vocal Bender's modulation panel (+ waveform display)  and note specific features make it far superior when doing pitch / formant automation. If I need to automate pitch- say C to F to G# - it takes 2 seconds in Vocal Bender because you can automate using notes (with root key), whereas Little Alter Boy you have to automate the pitch wheel, which can be a huge pain in the *****.

For example - this entire feature set doesn't exist in Little Alter Boy, and is extremely useful (timestamped):   https://youtu.be/v50kOeJBTdQ?t=296

I like the sound of Little Alter Boy better (has a much grittier low fi sound...even in default mode), but much prefer Vocal Bender for complex automation. I really wish these plugins could be combined together, because they both have very useful features, and sometimes I want the sound of Little Alter Boy with the features of Vocal Bender (like amp modulation), and vice versa. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

Have both, have used both extensively the past couple months. They have very different sounds and use cases. Vocal Bender is MUCH cleaner, and contrary to what you said, Little Alter Boy is MUCH dirtier...with a few features for more harsh sound design (i.e. the 3 modes + drive). However, Vocal Bender's modulation panel (+ waveform display)  and note specific features make it far superior when doing pitch / formant automation. If I need to automate pitch- say C to F to G# - it takes 2 seconds in Vocal Bender because you can automate using notes (with root key), whereas Little Alter Boy you have to automate the pitch wheel, which can be a huge pain in the *****.

For example - this entire feature set doesn't exist in Little Alter Boy, and is extremely useful (timestamped):   https://youtu.be/v50kOeJBTdQ?t=296

I like the sound of Little Alter Boy better (has a much grittier low fi sound...even in default mode), but much prefer Vocal Bender for complex automation. I really wish these plugins could be combined together, because they both have very useful features, and sometimes I want the sound of Little Alter Boy with the features of Vocal Bender (like amp modulation), and vice versa. 

Ya my previous comments were based on initial demo.  I now have all four, alterboy/vocal bender/ovox/vocalsynth and use them in a similar manner that you described. 

On 2/17/2021 at 12:47 PM, cclarry said:

Introducing Vocal Bender – Real-Time Voice Manipulation Plugin

Getting Started with Vocal Bender: Real-Time Pitch & Formant Shifting

EXTRA 40% OFF WITH COUPON CREATE40

Full Price $149

$31.47 with code at EveryPlugin

http://everyplugin.com/vocal-bender.html

SAVE 77%

With Coupon: CREATE40

Spend $50, get 1 FREE plugin

Spend $90, get 2 FREE plugins

After checkout choose your free plugins here.
Terms & conditions apply

I just checked this. While the price is as you said $31.47 I dont think the offer over at WAVES works using the pre offer full price?

If you add Vocal Bender over at WAVES its OVER $50 so you get the One FREE applied - see the green box over right:

waves1.thumb.jpg.7702506675d9f2b96ce24faff345625b.jpg

NOW apply the SPARK40 coupon:

waves2.thumb.jpg.50e27d04531a32823e1e099462f3958f.jpg

Note the price drops to $34 and the offer disappears. So it looks like you need to spend over $50 on stuff where the coupon is already applied. The FREE plugs offer doesnt use the original price to calculate that offer.

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I just checked this. While the price is as you said $31.47 I dont think the offer over at WAVES works using the pre offer full price?

If you add Vocal Bender over at WAVES its OVER $50 so you get the One FREE applied - see the green box over right:

waves1.thumb.jpg.7702506675d9f2b96ce24faff345625b.jpg

NOW apply the SPARK40 coupon:

waves2.thumb.jpg.50e27d04531a32823e1e099462f3958f.jpg

Note the price drops to $34 and the offer disappears. So it looks like you need to spend over $50 on stuff where the coupon is already applied. The FREE plugs offer doesnt use the original price to calculate that offer.

This NEW sale started Monday and you're right...it would be the price AFTER the code is applied NOW,

but when originally posted the current sale was not on where you had to use the code to get the 40% off

Edited by cclarry