Necessary details

daniel io

The piano roll does not respond to the pc keyboard (virtual keyboard).
It would be great to play natively with the PC keyboard as in FL or even if the piano roll responds to the virtual keyboard keystrokes.-

Better compatibility with vsti 32bits as it is tedious to make a setting in vst and have to activate the virtual keyboard to test at every instant.-

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The piano roll not only does respond to the virtual keyboard, you can even record midi with it.

The reason you don't have it on by default is because CbB uses pretty much the entire keyboard for shortcuts.

It would be very big + to posible when focus on virtual midi control many keys accessable for notes playing like in FL studio

4 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Not really the same thing

+1 for the virtual controller to be in focus when open 

I never said it was the same thing.

Using your computer keyboard is a compromise to not having a controller keyboard or manually writing the parts using keyboard and mouse or other means. If you look at FL Studio, which does use the entire keyboard for notes, none of the shortcuts use those keys and when they do, you have to manually deactivate the feature, otherwise, a note comes out instead of the function.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, daniel io said:

A step sequencer on the piano roll would be great with the virtual keyboard, FL and Reaper have it and I think it would be a nice addition.-

I have used step recording modes on hardware (mainly Casio's CZ-5000).  Shift+R brings up the floating panel in Cakewalk and works with Staff View and PRV.  Not sure I will use it, but it is nice to know about this option.    Thanks for asking about it and thanks to scook for linking the online documentation. 

• Thanks 1