AdK Studios

Now, when we add more than one audio file into Cakewalk, lets say for mixing, Cakewalk adds "(i)" as a suffix indicating the number of track.

1653533459_NaminginCakewalk.png.b149ce103bce27b52e3fc715f7fdd864.png

Also, when we Export tracks or stems it is mandatory to enter a name which ends up as the prefix, preceding a "-". And the output will also have a suffix of "-i".

1843444270_Naming2.png.670309a1396ead2d209188286a50ac4b.png

It all started with the File names "File 1, File 2, File 3".
It would be a good thing to not have these additional characters added while adding or exporting the project. Please make the addition of the name aka prefix optional (incase anyone wants it).

Let me know if a change in setting would get what I requested.

Edited by AdK Studios
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AdK Studios said:

Now, when we add more than one audio file into Cakewalk, lets say for mixing, Cakewalk adds "(i)" as a suffix indicating the number of track.

Also, when we Export tracks or stems it is mandatory to enter a name which ends up as the prefix, preceding a "-". And the output will also have a suffix of "-i".

It would be a good thing to not have these additional characters added while adding or exporting the project. Please make the addition of the name aka prefix optional (incase anyone wants it).

Perfect would be configurable naming sheme with variables for suffix : ) If anyone can configure naming scheme how he need

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdK Studios said:

Very good idea and if this would be more flexible, adjustable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mixcraft implements a fully-configurable variable filenaming system in its Mix to Stems dialog. It's great for stems, 'cause there are variables that stand for track number, sequential file number, project name, track name, and other things. So you can have it export them exactly as you like, except when there's a collision, which I believe is handled by just appending a digit.

It leaves the user with much less filename trimming and renaming.

• Like 1

Just now, Starship Krupa said:

Mixcraft implements a fully-configurable variable filenaming system in its Mix to Stems dialog. It's great for stems, 'cause there are variables that stand for track number, sequential file number, project name, track name, and other things. So you can have it export them exactly as you like, except when there's a collision, which I believe is handled by just appending a digit.

It leaves the user with much less filename trimming and renaming.

As long as there are some default (undeleteable!) presets so you don't need to be a RegEx wizard to build your own

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:01 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Oh, yes, of course, Mixcraft preloads the dialog with a fairly informative default one.

Far better than Regedit, Cakewalk could reuse the Drum Map Manager code, as it is already made for mapping/naming tasks such as this.

But that would require them to care about Drum Map Manager, which is not the case.