Rolled out MIDI Groove Clips no longer showing "beveled edges" on repetitions?

Colin Nicholls

Uh... is it just me, or has something changed recently about how extended MIDI groove clips are rendered in the track view?

I can no longer tell if a track has been "rolled out". I'm sure we used to see it as having "dimples" around the repetitions:

CW_MIDI_Groove_Clip_Rendering.gif

As per the docs: "A MIDI clip that has its Groove clip feature activated appears with beveled edges in the Clips pane."

UPDATE

I exited the application and re-tested this in SONAR, and when I came back in to Cakewalk By Bandlab, the clip now shows the bevels.

So the bug is, something is making the bevels vanish after a while.

Edited by Colin Nicholls

Yes, that's what I see. I checked again and found out that for some recent testing reasons I had Vertical Grid Lines set to 'In front of clips' which I typically have set to off. If I turn the grid lines off then I can see bevels more clearly. But I still have an impression like I'm missing some sort of a trail around a grooved clips, a kind of a dashed line. But I'm no more sure. Are you using custom skin?

Edited by chris.r

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

Are you using custom skin?

I am, but I've seen this in a default theme as well. The issue definitely only shows up after a period of time or sequence of actions. Possibly relating to moving Arranger sections or merging them. Or inserting measures; or changing tempo. I've done a lot of that kind of thing over the last few days.