Audient id44 routing help - unable to re-amp!

Brian Hunsaker

Hi, I am having trouble getting any audio sent to the line outputs of my Audient id44. I assign a bus to output to "Audio USB Audio ASIO Analog 3", but I hear nothing coming out when I plug a 1/4" cable from 3L or 4R into my external preamp (I'm trying to re-amp dry guitar tracks through my Axe-Fx). There's no signal coming in. 

I also don't know why Cakewalk shows 4 pairs of analog output drivers for the Audient when there only appears to be 2 pairs on the back of the unit (1&2, 3&4). Now I haven't changed any settings in the "ID" software, which I think I may need to. But I'm not sure why I would need to use that. I had no use for that type of software before with my MOTU Traveler and was able to re-amp just using Sonar and not touching the MOTU control window. I've read the "ID Software Documentation" but I'm sorry to say it's greek to me on how to do this. I saw a reply on a similar thread that said "The way you would go about this is to first route outputs 1+2 to DAW THRU from the iD MIxer application." - which I don't understand but Audient owners may.

Any takers? I hear it's a crazy popular unit so I think a bunch of users here may have done this already.

P.S. I did an A/B on the preamps/convertors vs my MOTU and it was night and day, like removing a sheet from the singers head.

I did send a message to Audient support but I figure this may be quicker. They took 5 days to get back to me last time.

-Brian

Edited by Brian Hunsaker

15 hours ago, Gswitz said:

to eliminate external dependencies, literally loop it back to the interface and see if you see the signal coming back in.

Good thought. To make sure of that, I just placed my finger on the end of the cable normally coming from the Audient and made sure the buzz registered on the Axe-Fx :)

Edited by Brian Hunsaker

17 hours ago, Soundwise said:

ID44 isnt' easy to configure for reamping and loopback. When it's set and starts working I tend to forget how it was done. I wish they had user presets, like Focusrite interfaces do. 

I figured it out thanks to that post you linked and the instructions. I hadn't seen the routing matrix screen before hiding there with "DAW Thru" buttons. That did it!

• Like 2