Why do some of my clips have this icon in the upper right hand corner...

yeto

Question

17 answers to this question

4 hours ago, synkrotron said:

I don't know the official answer because I haven't poured over the manual, but I am guessing that your C9 clip overlaps the Gm7 clip.

I just tried this and it certainly appear to be the case.

Hmmmmm, I had not thought of that. I am new to CbB and I am using snap to grid so I didn't think there would be overlap. I will check.

Thank you for helping,
yeto

Understand the photo resolution isn't great from your example, but I agree with what others are saying..

clips.JPG.a1f9ebd3ae7297bd3c072638e9861700.JPG

It appears you have one whole clip (Gm7) with several clips (C9) drag and dropped on top. This is a good way to result in double notes (midi notes on top of one another) if your not careful.

What a lot of us typically do is use the Bounce to clips  feature very often and often again. This is basic house cleaning, especially editing midi.

No worries, these are things that come with time. If you are new to Cakewalk and putting together midi tracks, your on the right road. Keep up the good work.

I am guessing that your C9 clip overlaps the Gm7 clip.

As Synkotron said. ^^^^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scook said:

The image is too small and the Event list does not show clip boundaries.

Try opening the track lanes. Its the button in the lower left of track 2's header.

The clips are in different lanes slightly overlapping.

Can you tell anything from this photo? If not I can try to snip at a higher resolution. If I do have overlap is that necessarily a bad thing?

Thank you,
yeto

over-lap-2.JPG

Uploading images to the forum get reduced in size. There is also a 50MB quota.

To avoid these limitations I use imgur.com and post links to images. These to not get resized or affect the image quota.

I took a snapshot of how the image appears in the browser and posted it to imgur.com then posted a link to the image here so you can see we. I will let you decide how legible it is. I am sure you can see all the clips in the take lanes have menus and that clips overlap when the lanes are collapsed.

X3bNoPj.png

doubling the size of image - here are the places where clips overlap in the image

1j4uCu0.png

+1 for Bouncing. Highlight the entire track so all clips are selected, then right-click and choose Bounce to Clip(s). They will all become one clip so that you only have one full length clip and one righthand icon.

There is usually no reason to have multiple MIDI clips floating around on a track unless you're comparing takes.

Edited by sjoens

On 3/30/2019 at 4:44 AM, sjoens said:

+1 for Bouncing. Highlight the entire track so all clips are selected, then right-click and choose Bounce to Clip(s). They will all become one clip so that you only have one full length clip and one righthand icon.

There is usually no reason to have multiple MIDI clips floating around on a track unless you're comparing takes.

I am finding out the hard way how important this is.