Best WAVES Plugins (In My Opinion) to Buy Now

ChernobylStudios

Recently, Waves has been forced to adopt a more consumer-friendly approach to their plugins. (Most likely due in large part to the overwhelming success of the Slate Everything Bundle.)

There are a lot of Waves plugins now that are very affordable and on sale. I figured I'd recommend a few of them since there is a big sale right now.

• SSL-EChannel Strip Plugin: One of the best plugins ever for drums, guitars, bass.... basically just one of the best ever and at $29... pretty much a no brainer. (I paid hundreds for it years ago.)
  • API 550 / API 560: These are my 'secret sauce' plugins for adding presence and bite to my guitars. I explained in detail how I use them in my Metal Amp Simulator course on Udemy.
  • SSL G-Master Buss Compressor: SSL bus compression is very popular in the metal genre. You could use the FG-Grey as well, but you can't go wrong with the SSL Comp.
  • C4 Multiband Compressor: One of the best multiband compressors out there for helping keep low-mids of guitars under control. Again, at $29, hard to argue against it.

Finally, an honorable mention can go to the Q10 Paragraphic EQ - I use Fabfilter EQ now, but when I want to get a very narrow and tight bandwidth, I still find the Q10 to work brilliantly in that capacity.

8 hours ago, ChernobylStudios said:

Most likely due in large part to the overwhelming success of the Slate Everything Bundle.)

You think?

Your Udemy course looks interesting by the way 

Edited by Monomox