PA Galeon Krueger 800RB

cclarry

2 hours ago, mibby said:

It looks like you just need to be logged in. All of the amps are $29 when I'm browsing the website...

I see normal prices, logged in or out. What kind of sorcery do you use to turn them down?

Edited by Soundwise
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I see normal prices, logged in or out. What kind of sorcery do you use to turn them down?

As mibby mentioned, you need to buy the Gallien Krueger 800RB (you can bring the price down to $39.99 with the code GK-INTRO-3999). From the product description (and Larry's post):

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/gallien_krueger_800rb.html

With the purchase of the Gallien Krueger 800RB, you get another very special (license) offer: Until March 16, you can get ANY (!) of our amp plugins for just $29.99

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mibby said:

So my email for the GK came on the 16th.   I don't know if you have to use the links from there, but make sure you're logged in.  You account will know about the GK purchase and adjust to $29...

--- edit ---

It looks like you just need to be logged in. All of the amps are $29 when I'm browsing the website...

@mibby: Thank you! That’s the information I was looking for. I just wanted to make sure I don‘t overlook something and loose the 29.99 special offer by buying the GK without the amps. Then it seems like it‘s like with the SSL Console (bought the g version on sale and in my account now there is the e version green marked for a sales price).

I guess I ll be going for some of these! 

:)

Anyone knows if subscription vouchers apply here too? Might get a couple of amps...

2 hours ago, Grem said:

After I bought the GK bass amp, a lot of amp sims were $29, but not all of them.

Guitar tone is very subjective.  But I like the Fuchs Overdrive Supreme too.

Isn’t that strange? PA wrote that all of their Amps would be on $29.99 if I remember right. I will try later.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, antler said:

I know guitar tone is subjective, but can anyone recommend any good PA amps? I was thinking the Fuchs ones sound quite nice.

I own the Engl Savage 120 and really dig it (gives me a good chance to compensate for my real Savage at home 😉 ). I also have the others via subscription (testing them for a year and then buying the best with the subscription voucher PA sent me - pretty fair game I think). I like the Friedman (DS-40 more than the BE-100) and the Diezels also the Fuchs Train II. Maybe the Orange (Rockergain) and Mesa though they lack the original appearance as they are not licenced by the Real Amps manufacturers. Those PA Plugins are really enjoyable in my opinion. You get great tones quickly without fiddling around to much. Decent amount of good soonding and verstile Cab and Mic chains, gets you up and running quickly. And the look of the licensed Amps is great not to be underestimated I think. Makes you wanna play them. 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Oliver said:

I also have the others via subscription (testing them for a year and then buying the best with the subscription voucher PA sent me - pretty fair game I think).

I dislike the software subscription model, but I do see the necessity for a software company to try and earn recurring income after a product is developed and sold.  I thought the whole "rent-to-own" was a pretty ingenious way for a company to get more of the consumers' dollars AND for the consumer to wind up owning the software. 

However, PA's "subscribe-then-buy" model is even a step up from that, because it lets the consumer commit less $$ over a year, then pick the software he/she wants to own just as Oliver is doing. This is a very clever (and fair) way to take our money IMHO.  Win-win.

The only amp I see NOT for $29.99 is the AmpegnSVT-VR Classic - which I think they gave away last month?  But the FULL version of that amp, the Ampeg SVT-VR is $29.99...  So yeah, it looks like all of them are $29.99...

4 minutes ago, mibby said:

I dislike the software subscription model, but I do see the necessity for a software company to try and earn recurring income after a product is developed and sold.  I thought the whole "rent-to-own" was a pretty ingenious way for a company to get more of the consumers' dollars AND for the consumer to wind up owning the software. 

However, PA's "subscribe-then-buy" model is even a step up from that, because it lets the consumer commit less $$ over a year, then pick the software he/she wants to own just as Oliver is doing. This is a very clever (and fair) way to take our money IMHO.  Win-win.

The only amp I see NOT for $29.99 is the AmpegnSVT-VR Classic - which I think they gave away last month?  But the FULL version of that amp, the Ampeg SVT-VR is $29.99...  So yeah, it looks like all of them are $29.99...

Yes, the classic was given away free. Great, so all of them... The subscription model indeed feels quite fair to me. While it might be especially interesting for business users (and admittedly helps to make you buy more stuff than you might or might not do otherwise) it is also a model I can very well live with - for one year!  You can testdrive everything and you  get voucher which is of even higher value than what you paid for (depending on which subscription modell you use that is). Use it during the reoccuring sales (4x a year at least) to buy the stuff way cheaper than regular. I wouldn‘t want to be paying  80-140 bucks for one modell when not on sale though if you need only one or two and can‘t wait, I think they are still worth it. I got my Engl Savage for 39€ last year and could now have gotten it even for 29.99. I guess that‘s kind of as low as it gets (of course with loyalty voucher you can get it down even more). Would I have spend the money for a couple of the amps otherwise? Maybe and maybe not. But then again, having them and not really needing them is better than needing and not having them (OK, that s lame ...) Anyway I tried a lot of Amp Sims (BIAS, TH-U, Amplitube, ToneStack, GE-Labs, NeuralDSP, Audio Assault, Ugritone, Helix Native, Nembrini, ...) What I particularly like about PAs is that they feel great AND look great for the most part and not least are easy to handle and require little CPU. But you can sure go with something like the Audio Assault Reamp Studio (which is awsome) or even free Plugins for much less. You can spend way more too. 😉

22 minutes ago, Oliver said:

............... What I particularly like about PAs is that they feel great AND look great for the most part and not least are easy to handle and require little CPU. But you can sure go with something like the Audio Assault Reamp Studio (which is awsome) or even free Plugins for much less. You can spend way more too. 😉

Given these are plugins that require you to run at super low latency (to be usable in real world playing), it is hard to overstate how nice it is they require such low CPU - and they sound and feel surprinsgly good.  A number of other options on the market are far more taxing on the CPU (and frankly don't sound as good).

In my opinion, they are a market leader in this area becuase of that combination.  

37 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Given these are plugins that require you to run at super low latency (to be usable in real world playing), it is hard to overstate how nice it is they require such low CPU - and they sound and feel surprinsgly good.  A number of other options on the market are far more taxing on the CPU (and frankly don't sound as good).

In my opinion, they are a market leader in this area becuase of that combination.  

I agree!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, mibby said:

There's something special about this one. When I demoed it, it immediately gave me a nice full, round tone.  Then I quickly got lost in the tweakability of this thing. REALLY impressive!

$39 -$25 loyalty voucher = $14.99   This was an insta-buy for me!

Same for me! Used the loyalty voucher. However I can’t see the announced 29.99 special on any of the amps except for the rockergain100. That is in my „manage xour license“ page as offer under the 800rb. But on the product page it’s on 149.99 still as are all other amps (except those that are on 99.99). Reached out to support before and they told me once I purchase the 800RB the other discounts will be shown on the website. But they are not. That’s really disappointing for me. I planned to grab a couple of amps. Anyone any idea?

Cheers!

Oliver

4 hours ago, Oliver said:

I planned to grab a couple of amps. Anyone any idea?

I see the $29 prices as before. Maybe try logging out, then log back in. Or try another browser. But they should be there when you log in to your account.

26 minutes ago, mibby said:

I see the $29 prices as before. Maybe try logging out, then log back in. Or try another browser. But they should be there when you log in to your account.

I tried logging out and in already multiple times. It stays the same. On the products page all amps are at regular prices (149.99 for the most, 99.99 for Chandler and some others). On my manage license page under my 800RB Full license there is a green colored „rockergain 100“ for 29.99 (which on product page also is 149). I wonder if it is because I used the GK Intro as well as my loyalty vouchers and paid 17 somewhat for the 800RB. I doubt this beeing the cause but have no idea why the heck I cannot buy the others at discount prices. Damn!

3 hours ago, Oliver said:

I used the GK Intro as well as my loyalty vouchers and paid 17 somewhat for the 800RB.

I did too.  And you've cleared your browser cache and all that crap too, I suppose.  Maybe just shoot support an email?  I'm sure they'll fix you up. I mean, you want to give them money after all!  🙂

On 3/8/2021 at 1:15 AM, mibby said:

I did too.  And you've cleared your browser cache and all that crap too, I suppose.  Maybe just shoot support an email?  I'm sure they'll fix you up. I mean, you want to give them money after all!  🙂

Yes I did shoot them a message and am waiting for their response 😉 I did not clear the cache though but tried it on different devicies and expierienced a change (the rockergain100 only). But I might try the emptying the cache too as long as I have no response 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Oliver