PA Galeon Krueger 800RB

cclarry

$39.99

CODE: GK-INTRO-3999

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/gallien_krueger_800rb.html

Special License Offer: $29.99*

With the purchase of the Gallien Krueger 800RB for only $39.99, you get another very special (license) offer: Until March 16, you can get ANY (!) of our amp plugins for just $29.99

Check your price!

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

There's something special about this one. When I demoed it, it immediately gave me a nice full, round tone.  Then I quickly got lost in the tweakability of this thing. REALLY impressive!

$39 -$25 loyalty voucher = $14.99   This was an insta-buy for me!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'd guess "yes" but I'm not positive. I won't be at my DAW until tonight to check...

Scratch that, I'm demo-ing it right now and it is Nembrini. I like it so far - but I like his Blackice amp more. Anyway, the good thing is the promo runs until March 16th, so it's going to be cheap for a while, perfect for everyone to decide whether they want to use their February/March voucher on this. Pretty generous offer for a new plugin! 

I plan on holding my voucher to the end of the month and making the most use of the trial period to work out whether I want to use my Feb voucher on it or not.  It's also not unlikely (given past PA) that they may not release the March voucher till after the current offer (which also applies to a bunch of guitar amps) is over.

I'm a little confused : are these subscription service only ? or are they standard EULA ? I checked the musician bundle pricing and that's what I came away with.  I just serviced a 800 RB for my brother and it is a really good sounding amp.

musician bundle add :

Overview

WHAT YOU GET

44 Plugins & 40 Modular Effects, and growing over time!

All our Synths, Guitar & Bass Amps and Stomp-Boxes, and some Reverbs, Delays, Vocal Effects, and more.

Plus Gig Performer and the original Focusrite TMT Console!

14 Top Brands incl. AMPEG, DIEZEL, ENGL, DS Audio, Focusrite, Unfiltered Audio, Brainworx and more.

WHAT'S THE DEAL?

Just $14.99 per month - perfect for any live & studio musician
(charged automatically every month)

NEW! Get a $149.99 voucher code back after 1 year!
(after 12 continuous payments - can be spend on ANY plugins in our store)

NO Annual Commitment | Pure Month-2-Month | Cancel Anytime!

Out of the box - and at just $14.99/mo - the MUSICIAN Bundle contains everything you need to play keys, guitar or bass - and sing! Even a low-latency live-host for your PA plugins is included (Gig Performer PA Edition), so you can take your plugins on stage or rehearse and practice with them. Add to that a full-blown 72-channel Focusrite TMT console with a built-in De-Esser, and you can sound your best, live or in the studio!

3 minutes ago, RBH said:

I'm a little confused : are these subscription service only ? or are they standard EULA ?

You can buy it for $39 as per Larry's first post.   Then I used a $25 Loyalty Voucher to bring it down to $14.  PA sends out the Loyalty Vouchers at the beginning of the month, the amount depends on how much you buy from them in the last 6 months or something. (?)   I'm cheap. I've only ever got a $25 voucher.

@Grem I went for a bit not getting one either.  I had thought because I hadn't bought from them for a while. (?)  Not sure how they determine things honestly...

20 minutes ago, mibby said:

Yeah, that one sounded great too. I kind of have "why didn't I get that?" remorse on that one.  If it had been $14 though, I would have!  🙂

Me too. 😪 I'm sure it will be on sale again soon enough though. 

15 minutes ago, Grem said:

I don't get vouchers anymore. Still spend some with them. Just don't know why I quit getting them. Maybe they got tired of me dogging them?

How much ya gotta spend to get any voucher?

You mean you were getting them before and you're not anymore? That is odd, maybe shoot them an email? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grem said:

I don't get vouchers anymore. Still spend some with them. Just don't know why I quit getting them. Maybe they got tired of me dogging them?

They don't reveal that, but it's based on the prior spend over the previous year+.  I assume at some point it's possible to drop below the level at which you start getting $25 dollar vouchers even if you are buying the occasional plugin with them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Grem said:

I posted something similar in January (I spent over $80 out of pocket in Dec and Jan).

I got my first voucher (and spent it fairly promptly in Feb).  They don't seem to formally publish the tiers, but it seems to be spend $50 in the last 6 month or a year as the entry point to get a $25 voucher.  They note the process is automated and you may or may not continue to get them month over month.  

• Like 1

Yeah I looked for the spending limit/amount and could not find any info on it. Checked my account and it does appear that since last Feb 2020, I had not spent more that about 30-40 dollars with them. Seems Black Friday till Christmas of 2019 was my last big purchases.

I want to give a shout out to the wizard who  magically dropped a code in my lap!! Thanks again!!

Can anyone tell me how to get the other amps for $29.99? When I drop them into my cart containing the Gallien Krueger and using the intro-voucher, the amps still are on regular prices. Or do I get another voucher once I purchase the GK?

Thanks.

Edited by Oliver

So my email for the GK came on the 16th.   I don't know if you have to use the links from there, but make sure you're logged in.  You account will know about the GK purchase and adjust to $29...

--- edit ---

It looks like you just need to be logged in. All of the amps are $29 when I'm browsing the website...

Edited by mibby

1 hour ago, antler said:

I know guitar tone is subjective, but can anyone recommend any good PA amps? I was thinking the Fuchs ones sound quite nice.

Depends on the tone you are after.  Both of the Fuchs ones sound and respond surprisingly well.  I'd call the Overdrive Supreme a little more versitle, but really depends on what you want.

Clean tones - love the Overdrive Supreme.  But also does mid to high gain as well...but a very compressed gain structure much like the amp.

Train II is more low gain all the way up to more gain than anyone should be allowed to use.

I'd give them a demo and see what works for you.   Those twe are my favorite.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1