Generative Music .. software, thoughts

aidan o driscoll

GENERATIVE MUSIC ( via Wikipedia ) -

"Generative music is a term popularized by Brian Eno to describe music that is ever-different and changing, and that is created by a system"

My first intro to Generative Music was back a good bit via a piece of software called KOAN, at the time backed by BRIAN ENO as something to look at. the company who created this has now moved onto an app called WOTJA pro ( which I have ). Its a MS STORE App on Windows 10.

Here is a list of other Generative Music apps on PC:

https://blog.zzounds.com/2019/06/20/beat-tools-generative-music-software-for-pcs/

Included in this list is AUDIOMODERNS RIFFER Plugin.

I wonder has anyone else here explored this ambient genre over the years?

Edited by aidan o driscoll

1 hour ago, craigb said:

I'll definitely check this out later!  Sounds like it's right up Andy's (Synkrotron's) alley too.

Hey...  Where IS Andy anyway??! 🤔

I was going to say we're frozen and can't move. It's -17F here right now. But I think I'm getting him mixed up with BobF. He was from MO. I don't remember. I got hit in the head by a 12 ton bus. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Back on track, @aidan ... this is interesting. I'll check it out. As soon as I thaw. 🥶

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I was going to say we're frozen and can't move. It's -17F here right now. But I think I'm getting him mixed up with BobF. He was from MO. I don't remember. I got hit in the head by a 12 ton bus. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Back on track, @aidan ... this is interesting. I'll check it out. As soon as I thaw. 🥶

BobF is/was from MO. He's moved on to Reaper (IIRC) after the Gibson debacle.