Plays for a second then stops

Stevie G

Hi and Thanks in advance. I have loaded a previous session which only has a drum track and a Guitar track which i have not recorded anything yet but i get the vu meters to work fine but cant play the midi track . I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still not working. Please help.

Hi Stevie,

The first thing that comes to my mind is your routing.  I take it you have your drums on the MIDI track.  Is that just a MIDI track or is it an instrument track?  If the former then you need an audio track with the input set to the drum synth.  

This is just a guess.  Can you post a screen shot which includes your routing?

Kind regards,

tecknot 

I am using the si drum kits , i just drag and dropped a beat in my midi track. The meters are working now but not seeing my speakers now. I have another audio track for my guitar. If i get 1 to work the other doesnt but the meters are all the way up like feedback somewhere. This is so frustrating. 

New update ,,, I got my midi file to work but now when i add a media file "my guitar" 

Then i cant use either Ive tried to use different drivers with no affect . I am using an old MBox mini through USB> I have had to guess which driver i need since its old. Thanks for Helping. 

In your screen shot I see an instrument track with SI drums and some midi data  it looks like it is set properly 

Your guitar track looks like you are in recording standby but your signal is to hot so your going over  turn down the gain on your interface only your interface can adjust recording levels 

Download the latest ASIO drivers for you interface otherwise your tracks won’t sync up properly 

There are lots of good tutorials on basic set up of Cakewalk try the ones from Creative Sauce first 

Not sure which M Box you have but on the support web site looks like last driver update was either 2011 or 2014. So chances are that your going to have issues. Time for a new interface. I have the Fast Track Pro of similar vintage and the drivers won't even load into W10. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1