Touch Portal

Tony Conway

Got tempted by a video of someone using Stream Deck and was going to take the plunge but they're not available at the moment. Looking around I found Touch Portal.

Tried the free version then dug into the shallow pockets for the Pro version. I had an old 7" Tablet gathering dust so I've now got a very cheap version of a Steam Deck.

Anybody else gone down this route? Anybody interested?

• Great Idea 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 9:08 PM, Tony Conway said:

Got tempted by a video of someone using Stream Deck and was going to take the plunge but they're not available at the moment. Looking around I found Touch Portal.

Tried the free version then dug into the shallow pockets for the Pro version. I had an old 7" Tablet gathering dust so I've now got a very cheap version of a Steam Deck.

Anybody else gone down this route? Anybody interested?

I would be very interested in your experience with Touch Portal, and maybe learning from your setup :-)

• 4 months later...
On 6/13/2021 at 1:53 AM, Freddie said:

I've playing around with Touch Portal but can't find a solution for Cakewalk. 

If I find highres Buttons as png or ans other Format, I'll do my own set for Touch Portal. Could anybody help?

Just thinking the same thing today and found this comment. Did you got any luck?  I found a MIDI plugin from ChristopheCVB and started there. I was thinkig to use the midi and just tell Cakewalk it's a MIDI device. 

Just a few pointers on how to ask questions on user Forums. 
First it is always best to start your own thread rather than dig up old threads where the OP has 2 posts count and has not visited this forum since.
Even the people who replied have not returned to this forum for more than a year with the exception of @Freddie  see how I tagged him by adding @.  To his user name? That’s how we get the attention of other forum members.  
But only if they are active members which out of the few who replied he’s the only one you can see is still active here. 
You can click on any members name to see this info and you can also send them a PM from there. They might get that if they agreed to email notifications. 

But asking a question to none active members is like picking up your phone and asking a question to the dial tone. 

Sorry for the long winded reply but I’m putting this here so other new members understand how user forums work. 

Edited by John Vere