Best Deal Cubase 11?

Bapu

12 hours ago, Zo said:

Do you mean that 11 will be registred as 11.5 once 12 is out and will open grace period to get 12 free ?

No, I registered 11 now. Based on others' opinions going forward it will now be cheaper to buy 11.5 at its discounted price and not register it until 12 is released. From that point on only buy the .5 upgrades at the discounted prices  and only register it when the next full version is released.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

7 minutes ago, Bapu said:

No, I registered 11 now. Based on others' opinions going forward it will now be cheaper to buy 11.5 at its discounted price and not register it until 12 is released. From that point on only buy the .5 upgrades at the discounted prices  and only register it when the next full version is released.

THAT is how you do it!  At least until they stop us! :P

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

But it will be in fact 99 + 60 to go to 12 from 10 .5 with your techinc and then 60 to go to 12.5

Will if you go 99 to got to 11.5 and then 99 to 12 and wait to get 12.5 it's gonna be 200 instead of 220 nope ? or am i missing some 

Edited by Zo

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

Will if you go 99 to got to 11.5 and then 99 to 12 and wait to get 12.5 it's gonna be 200 instead of 220 nope ? or am i missing some 

Not following you Zo.

The way to keep cost low is to never register the .5 release after the purchase until 12 is available and then register 11.5 which gets you 12 for free.

As Larry says, it's the cheapest path to each full release. Done that way, you never pay the full release price $99 .

By definition you are only ever on the full release which means you won't get the benefits of the .5 release until the next full release. I can live with that.

9 hours ago, Bapu said:

Not following you Zo.

The way to keep cost low is to never register the .5 release after the purchase until 12 is available and then register 11.5 which gets you 12 for free.

As Larry says, it's the cheapest path to each full release. Done that way, you never pay the full release price $99 .

By definition you are only ever on the full release which means you won't get the benefits of the .5 release until the next full release. I can live with that.

I get it but , if we buy now l we get the 11 and we can only get the 11.5 for fre if we wait , not the 12 from a single puchase , witch mean i have to buy the 11 , register to become 11.5 and then by the 12 update nope ?

But buying 11 now for $99 and not registering it and getting 11.5 free (a $60 value) is backwards.

You need to buy 11 now (assuming 10.5 is already registered) for $99. Then buy 11.5 (some say on sale for $40, we'll see) but "DO NOT" register it until 12 is released. That way you get $99 value for free.

After that always buy the .5 and "DO NOT" register until the next full version is released. If you get the .5 release at the sale price of $40 you will always "get" the full  release free. Much cheaper in the long run.

• Thanks 1

i think i get what you all are saying. the major upgrade usually costs more than the minor upgrade.

I am at 10.5. When I login I am seeing an upgrade price of $150. If I were on 10.0, my upgrade price is $240 -- about $100 more.

Are you saying the upgrade to .5 editions is usually 50% of what the upgrade to .0 editions is?

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i think i get what you all are saying. the major upgrade usually costs more than the minor upgrade.

I am at 10.5. When I login I am seeing an upgrade price of $150. If I were on 10.0, my upgrade price is $240 -- about $100 more.

Are you saying the upgrade to .5 editions is usually 50% of what the upgrade to .0 editions is?

All I know is I paid $59 for 10.5 and $99 for 11.

Others in this thread have said a .5 release can be had for as low as $40. I'm too new to Cubase to have personally seen that. I started with buying 9.5 on sale and not registering it until 10 came out. Then I sooopidly bought and registered 10.5, which resulted in me buying 11 (since I wanted it).

From here on out, I'll only buy the .5 releases and save them for registering after the next full version is released.

Thanks to cclarry (aka Larry Shelby) for enlightening me.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 1:00 AM, Tezza said:

So 10 pro to 11 pro should be $100 US but it's telling me $248.00 AUD. at the current exchange rate it should be $128.00 AUD, I don't get it. What they are actually charging me is $193.00 US.

No.  Lol.  What?

11 Pro is a $100 upgrade off 10.5

11.5 will be a $60 update off of 11.

10-11 is about more than $100, because you're coming from 2 releases back.

Cubase Pro .0 to .0 upgrades are comparable in price to DAWs like Studio One (which is $150 for a full version upgrade i.e. 4 to 5).  The difference is that the cost is split between the 0.5 update and 1.0 upgrade (Studio One doesn't have yearly releases, Cubase does... so the overall maintenance costs are quite comparable).

What you're being charged is accurate.  That's the cost of not staying up to date.  People who stay up to date save money in the long run.  The others are going to have to make up the difference by exploiting discount promotions (which everyone can do - by buying extra upgrades and simply saving them until the next version releases, and upgrading at a discount).

Steinberg has had the same policy regarding activations giving the current release at time of activation for a decade or more.

14 hours ago, Bapu said:

All I know is I paid $59 for 10.5 and $99 for 11.

Others in this thread have said a .5 release can be had for as low as $40. I'm too new to Cubase to have personally seen that. I started with buying 9.5 on sale and not registering it until 10 came out. Then I sooopidly bought and registered 10.5, which resulted in me buying 11 (since I wanted it).

From here on out, I'll only buy the .5 releases and save them for registering after the next full version is released.

Thanks to cclarry (aka Larry Shelby) for enlightening me.

I have not seen in yet. I was on Cubase LE for the longest time and kept upgrading for $10. Then when they had their big 30 year anniverrsary special, I bought into Pro and waited until 10.5 came out to register. My investment so far into Cubase to go from  LE 6 to Pro 10.5  (excluding other expansions) has been $250 + $10 +$10.

Edited by telecode 101

On 2/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Bapu said:

But buying 11 now for $99 and not registering it and getting 11.5 free (a $60 value) is backwards.

You need to buy 11 now (assuming 10.5 is already registered) for $99. Then buy 11.5 (some say on sale for $40, we'll see) but "DO NOT" register it until 12 is released. That way you get $99 value for free.

After that always buy the .5 and "DO NOT" register until the next full version is released. If you get the .5 release at the sale price of $40 you will always "get" the full  release free. Much cheaper in the long run.

Ok i get it , it s the same price for the first run and then on 0.5 upadte to buy , and way to go 0 before regisyring it ..

so the 11 you register it now right , we dont wait until 11.5 to do so  ... thing is usually 0.5 updates seems usually more satble and solid ....

11 hours ago, Zo said:

Ok i get it , it s the same price for the first run and then on 0.5 upadte to buy , and way to go 0 before regisyring it ..

so the 11 you register it now right , we dont wait until 11.5 to do so  ... thing is usually 0.5 updates seems usually more satble and solid ....

yeah. thats hw it has been in the past and thats why i usually only go with x.5.

• Like 1