Best Deal Cubase 11?

Bapu

I have Cubase 10.5, I can get Cubase upgrade to 11. If I get it do I wait until 11.5 is released for best bang for buck as it would include 11.5 at activation time right?

I'm in no rush to install 11.

Edited by Bapu

16 minutes ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

I know they put updates on sale at times but you may have to buy the next two updates to get in "cycle" ;)  Always buy the .5 update(cheaper) and hold off activating until the next major .0 release. Steinberg gives you a license for the newest version when you activate.

Bill

Yup, I did that with 9.5 cross grade sale ($149 or $99, I can't remember. I did not install 9.5 cross grade until 10 came out. But then (foolishly) I bought the 10.5 upgrade and installed it right away. DOH!

So at this pint I think I'll just wait for the 11.5 upgrade and save it until 12.

• Great Idea 1

Upgrade from 10 to 11 is $238.00 AUD. Not worth me doing at the moment, 10 is running fine and has all I need. The biggest upgrade I could make to my system at the moment is some great, clean and dry acoustic drum samples to run in Battery so I think my money will be going in that direction.

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

I have Cubase 10.5, I can get Cubase upgrade to 11. If I get it do I wait until 11.5 is released for best bang for buck as it would include 11.5 at activation time right?

I'm in no rush to install 11.

If you wait to activate, you won’t get a higher version than 11 for free from 10.5. I buy .5 at around 40$ and wait at full release to activate. Done that for years, you won’t find a cheaper way to do it. 

So I cross-graded to 10.0 in May of 2019, which I have not registered yet.  I'm thinking I'll wait until 11.5, because I don't want to have to wait until November, 2021 for 12.0.

I've been messing with REAPER, Mixcraft, Scaler and Melodyne.  Also played with the lockdown version of Cubase Elements 10.5.  Time to finally get on board with Cubase...  

10 minutes ago, pbognar said:

So I cross-graded to 10.0 in May of 2019, which I have not registered yet.  I'm thinking I'll wait until 11.5, because I don't want to have to wait until November, 2021 for 12.0.

I've been messing with REAPER, Mixcraft, Scaler and Melodyne.  Also played with the lockdown version of Cubase Elements 10.5.  Time to finally get on board with Cubase...  

Cubase 11.5 won't be out until November/December this year...Cubase 12 will be Nov/Dec 2022.
11 was just released in Nov of 2020

• Haha 1

I upgraded to 11*.

Now I just need to stick to plan to remember the 11.5 sale around nov/dec 2021 and **HOLD ON TO IT** until 12 is released then register 11.5.

*Got it at Sweetwater for $99.99 at $3/per month for three years (that will feel almost free, since it's bundled into my already existing balance). 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

I upgraded to 11*.

Now I just need to stick to plan to remember the 11.5 sale around nov/dec 2021 and **HOLD ON TO IT** until 12 is released then register 11.5.

*Got it at Sweetwater for $99.99 at $3/per month for three years (that will feel almost free, since it's bundled into my already existing balance). 

Do you mean that 11 will be registred as 11.5 once 12 is out and will open grace period to get 12 free ?

Edited by Zo

9 hours ago, cclarry said:

I would wait for the .5 upgrade...but I always buy the .5 to hold for the next release.

The 0.5 Update will cost more coming from 10.5 than from 11, so he'd have to wait for the 11.5 Update as well as a Discount Promotion.

Honestly, unless the update really doesn't offer anything of worth to you, you're better off just upgrading now.  0.5 Updates are only ~$60, anyways.

The only way you'll save money is buying 11 now and then waiting until 11.5 to activate it, but that is like 9-10 months off.

Just not worth it, IMO.

9 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

They made the upgrades more expensive? The upgrade from 10 to 10.5 was $60.

1.0 Upgrades are $100

0.5 Updates are $60

-----

Cubase 10-10.5 = $60

Cubase 10.5-11= $100

IMO, the price of the updates are reasonable.  The big issue for many is the cost of entry, especially if they can't cross-grade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maestro said:

1.0 Upgrades are $100

So 10 pro to 11 pro should be $100 US but it's telling me $248.00 AUD. at the current exchange rate it should be $128.00 AUD, I don't get it. What they are actually charging me is $193.00 US.

Edited by Tezza