Cubase Pro 11 Crossgrade for $282.20 with coupon code

Craig N

Everyone's talking about Ableton Live with Version 11 around the corner, but I think credit where it's due, Steinberg shipped version 11 of Cubase in the 11th month of 2020.  

Regular price of $332 for crossgraders with a valid competing product, stacked with President's Day coupon "ABE15" and I think at $282.20 it's a compelling price point to get into the Cubase ecosystem in the Pro playground where the big boys play.

Please note you will need a Steinberg e-Licenser USB key to run Cubase Pro and this is not included in the crossgrade offering so it will need to be purchased separately. 

https://www.proaudiostar.com/cubase-retail-cubase-pro-11-crossgrade.html

Per ProAudioStar's site: 

A copy of the original purchase receipt for the competitive product needs to be provided with the customer purchase order.

Qualifying products:

• Ableton live 8 or higher (standard and suite / excl. Intro)
  • Apple logic 9 or higher
  • Avid pro tools 9 or higher incl. Subscriptions (pro tools and pro tools hd / excl. First)
  • Cakewalk sonar x2 or higher (platinum and professional / excl. Artist / cakewalk by bandlab is excluded)
  • Cockos reaper (commercial license only / excl. Discounted license)
  • Imageline fl studio 11 or higher (signature and producer / excl. Fruity)
  • Magix samplitude pro x 1 or higher (excl. Music studio)
  • Magix sequoia 9 or higher
  • Motu digital performer 7 or higher
  • Presonus studio one (professional / excl. Prime and artist)
  • Reasonstudios reason 6 or higher

While I have not shopped with ProAudioStar before, I have just purchased it through them and can confirm it all went through very smoothly. I have not yet been asked for proof that I own a competitive product, even though I do own Reason 10 and FL Studio Producer edition. 

Edited by Craig N
  • Thanks 1

I've purchased from ProAudioStar before without issue.  I kicked myself for not getting Cubase following the Gibson debacle choosing Samplitude instead.  There's a lot I really like about Samplitude but regret it now as I find MAGIX  upgrade/improvement/price ratio pitiful - risk/reward without the reward.

Anyone remember what the Cakewalk to Cubase deal cost back then?  This seems about as good as it gets.  I've asked Steinberg a couple of times about a crossgrade from WaveLab but they never responded.

1 hour ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

Actually you want to buy the .5 update and hold for the .0 releases...the .5 updates are cheaper ;)  Your best bet if you pick this up is to activate and use, when 11.5 comes out buy but don't activate till 12 comes out :)

Bill

thanks. i will keep that in mind. I am at 10.5 pro. I see the upgrade to 11 is $150.  guess will wait for 11.5 -- hopefully by then there will be features that interest me.

I've got Cubase 11 up for sale for 3 Benjamins and I'll throw in Spectral Layers Pro 6 to boot...
which will get you SLP7 for $79.99...less if you catch it on sale...
I'll have to get an eLicenser, and move the licenses onto it, and then ship the elicenser to you,
so if you're in no hurry, it's a great deal...Spectral Layers is a couple a hundred on it's own...
Alto Glockenspiel and Guitar Harmonics for Halion SE are also included, and you don't have 
to prove ownership of anything....LOL

On 2/15/2021 at 9:55 AM, Fwrend said:

I kicked myself for not getting Cubase following the Gibson debacle choosing Samplitude instead.  There's a lot I really like about Samplitude but regret it now as I find MAGIX  upgrade/improvement/price ratio pitiful - risk/reward without the reward.

Lol.  Lots of people made that mistake.

The worst thing is how much MAGIX charges for those upgrades, which add very little - and much of the functionality, plug-ins, etc. in Samplitude are basically legacy software.  They NEVER touch them, improve them, fix bugs, etc.

It's decent for audio editing and mastering.  Can be a budget WaveLab Pro stand-in (in its Suite SKU) when you can catch a super deal.  However, the GUI slowdowns I encountered with X4 make it completely unusable for me for production.  The performance was just too bad, and it even affects audio playback.

Also, they have sketchy VST3 support.  Every version of their products come with an "All-New VST3 Engine" because it's always terrible.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 4:00 PM, Cookie Jarvis said:

Actually you want to buy the .5 update and hold for the .0 releases...the .5 updates are cheaper ;)  Your best bet if you pick this up is to activate and use, when 11.5 comes out buy but don't activate till 12 comes out :)

Bill

Depends on what they add in 11.5.  Otherwise, you can lose considerably more money to willfully sacrificed productivity gains "shelving" useful new features ... waiting to save a pretty low amount of cash in the long term.