Sonar won't play with TTS-1

mlachance

Hi, something very strange happened all of a sudden with Cakewalk TTS-1 DXI plugin.  Whenever this plugin is loaded, the tracks will not play, meaning that the playing cursor will not even advance even though I press the space bar or click on the play icon.  If I remove the sofsynth from the synth section, then all becomes normal.  I have reinstalled DirectX, Sonar, and even replaced the TTS-1.dll file with from an other installation but with no avail.  I guess there is no standalone installer for this DXI.  Any idea ?

Edited by mlachance

What version  of Sonar?  What version of Windows? And you are referring to a legacy version of Sonar, and not the new Cakewalk by Bandlab?

When you say "something very strange happened all of a sudden", had you updated ANYTHING recently? How long did you have it installed and working correctly?

3 hours ago, abacab said:

What version  of Sonar?  What version of Windows? And you are referring to a legacy version of Sonar, and not the new Cakewalk by Bandlab?

When you say "something very strange happened all of a sudden", had you updated ANYTHING recently? How long did you have it installed and working correctly?

I use version 21.2.0.21 of Sonar with Windows 10.  Cakewalk TSS-1 has always been working flawlessly for years until this morning.  It happened all of a sudden with no apparent reason.  It was working and then, not.  I like to use TTS-1 when recording as it takes very little ressources and has next to no latency.  I switch to better sounding VST'S afterwards when the recording is done..

Not sure what that might be caused by. The most obvious question is why did it just stop working, if you made no other changes or updates to your system?

If that is the case, then it suggests that something may be wrong with the current project.

Does TTS-1 work if you test it in a new blank project?

Edited by abacab

8 hours ago, abacab said:

Not sure what that might be caused by. The most obvious question is why did it just stop working, if you made no other changes or updates to your system?

If that is the case, then it suggests that something may be wrong with the current project.

Does TTS-1 work if you test it in a new blank project?

I didn't change or updated anything.  It just stopped in the middle of my work.  It took me some time to figure out that TTS-1 was the problem because all I could see at the moment was that transport got frozen.   It still is whenever TTS-1 is involved in a blank or any existing project.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I used Spitfire Labs VST in my project and TTS-1 doesn't work together. Every time after adding TTS-1 system get fatal error. As soon as I delete Spitfire Labs tracks everything works amazing... Around few days I spent to manipulate with both VST to understand what is wrong and still no answer. Unfortunately this free amazing tool is not usable for me... If someone found a real solution to this issue please give a detailed answer... Thanks in advance!