Is there a way to turn off or down this annoying Windows sound!

Nilo777

Question

Good day everybody,

Is there any way to turn off, or down, the annoying sound Windows 10 makes every time an audio device, input or focus is changed?

The reason is that sound is really loud, it literally pierces my ears when I am wearing my headphone.

I noticed that it  only occurs with shared audio devices like FL Studio ASIO or Flex ASIO.

I tried to turn off Windows sound scheme still, all system sounds are turned off except this annoying sound!

Any suggestions?

Here's a short video:

4 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Go to Control Panel. Select View by icons, not categories.

Click on Sound.

Go to Sounds tab.

Scroll down to Select.

Set Sounds: (None)

Thanks Nigel.
Actually, I already tried this, I mean turning Sounds to None, but I still get this loud sound whenever I change the audio driver, or when changing the focus say from CbB to a Youtube video in a web browser.
I thought there maybe some sort of hidden setting or a registry tweak.

Edited by Nilo777

You should have said that to begin with. Read your topic title and what’s the first thing you’ll think the question is about ?

Turn your monitors down when you start and stop the audio engine or make any changes for that matter. Your going to damage them.
It’s the equivalent of the bass player unplugged his cable dropping it and walking off the stage without asking the sound crew if he was muted yet.  
Yes that’s right. Sound equipment can’t automatically know what you are doing , you have to operate it. 

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

You should have said that to begin with. Read your topic title and what’s the first thing you’ll think the question is about ?

I did say so:

6 hours ago, Nilo777 said:

I tried to turn off Windows sound scheme still, all system sounds are turned off except this annoying sound!