Feature Request: MIDI Legato button

Craig Reeves

Basically, a process that achieves the same functionality as the Legato.cal script, but actually works on a consistent basis. Pretty common in other DAWs and I don't believe would be a difficult feature to add. I use Legato all the time and I'm sure others do as well. Hell, we have Retrograde, I think we can include Legato, lol.

Edited by Craig Reeves
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Craig Reeves said:

Basically, a process that achieves the same functionality as the Legato.cal script, but actually works on a consistent basis. Pretty common in other DAWs and I don't believe would be a difficult feature to add. I use Legato all the time and I'm sure others do as well. Hell, we have Retrograde, I think we can include Legato, lol.

You can assign a CAL script to a keybinding.

6 minutes ago, solarlux said:

CAL scripts are obsolete and need some new alternatives : ) I agree about midi manipulation operations. All these little manipulation things can give very big value.

They might be obsolete, but they are still supported (to open).  While we wait for “some new alternatives”, I will continue to write and use them.

57 minutes ago, Promidi said:

They might be obsolete, but they are still supported (to open).  While we wait for “some new alternatives”, I will continue to write and use them.

Yes but in future something like this can give big value. Many tools easy accesable for midi editing in menu like here in FL studio. This functionality that list in piano roll accessable menu would be huge value

flstudio.thumb.jpg.57d81e4b19754e453ce0823348bc00b0.jpg

legato, strum, chop.flip and some more : )

Edited by solarlux

1 hour ago, scook said:

I have not looked at it but a user posted a revised legato CAL on the old forum.

The file is still available.

Bakers need replace bugged CAL with This version : ) It would be nice if this version is fixed. Happy news now is original Legato Cal scipt uis bugged but here is what works. Nice we can use CAL scripts.

CAL-master.zip

Edited by solarlux

1 hour ago, RobertWS said:

Future complaint:

Why is everything hard-coded in Cakewalk?   We have no flexibility and control. 

A scripting language would be great so we could customize and share the scripts to our hearts content!

Agree about flexibility and in future some easier to code scripting language like a Javascript or Python would be cool

On 2/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, Craig Reeves said:

Try LEGATO2 Script it works without bugs.