$79.99 ($20 off) Indio by Monoprice Cali Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag

TheSteven

• TheSteven changed the title to $79.99 ($20 off) Indio by Monoprice Cali Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag
24 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I've always wanted a strat - this is probably as close as I'm going to get for a while...

You bought one? Which color? I was tempted but I'm building a Warmoth Strat tele hybrid baritone so I got to put my money into that as just *one* of the two pickups is nearly $200 all by itself lol  (Fralin) 

3 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

You bought one? Which color? I was tempted but I'm building a Warmoth Strat tele hybrid baritone so I got to put my money into that as just *one* of the two pickups is nearly $200 all by itself lol  (Fralin) 

I went for the Wine Red one...   I was considering the white one but they were out of stock at the time.

I'm hoping that it really feels like a strat.  According to one of the videos on it, the fretboard has the same radius as a Les Paul (flatter vs rounder).
Guess I'll find out when it arrives.

The other thing I'm curious about is the pickups.
While I'm going to check them out and try to get a feel for them - I've already got a Fishman Fluence Stratocaster Loaded Pickguard to drop in**, been itchin' to use it.
Picked it up a couple of years ago for a strat clone upgrade project that I abandoned when I found out that the guitar was off scale making my upgrade parts useless.
**LOL - yeah I know, I'm dropping in parts that cost 4x what I paid for the guitar.  If I love the pickups but hate the guitar might have to get a real Strat.

Edited by TheSteven

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

Geez no wonder they are sold out of some of the colors, limit 20 per customer... 

FWIR the prices on these guitars have varied, bouncing from $99 to $129, though possibly maybe more.
I don't recall the price hitting the $80 range though.