Elastique algorithms works bad

Dr Morsikas

Hello,

I'm new user here, currently exploring and learning Cakewalk. I noticed that Elastique algorithms (both efficient and pro) cause crackling in the end of affected audio file in realtime and after bouncing. Especially on  the lowend samples (bass etc.). And percussion algorithm crashes Cakewalk. Any advices?

11 hours ago, Dr Morsikas said:

Hello,

I'm new user here, currently exploring and learning Cakewalk. I noticed that Elastique algorithms (both efficient and pro) cause crackling in the end of affected audio file in realtime and after bouncing. Especially on  the lowend samples (bass etc.). And percussion algorithm crashes Cakewalk. Any advices?

Do you mean by using AudioSnap?

There are some issues using AudioSnap independant of the algorithm used. You can even see the issues in the wave form if you zoom in. And yes, the Elastique algorithm (even Pro) isn't the best one (sometimes changes the wave in a very strange way), that's why I usually use one of the Radius algorithms for offline render (bouncing). After the bounce I check with Solo listening if there are issues and if there are, then I move the transients slightly or change the algorithm and try again. Most of the time this helps to fix the problem. In rare cases when the problem always reoccurs I do everything manually (cut the problematic area, move it to the correct position and bounce it with cross-fades).

Thanks for advices, I don't use AudioSnap, just timestretching by  using Ctrl+Shift and mouse in sequencer window. Pitch don't changes,  just appears cracklings and pops after timestretching .

P. S. I've tested same elastique algos in Waveform 11, works like a clock.

I try to use a max of around 106 % for time stretching as well as keeping the wave form selection short. I think most any type of re-sampling adds artifacts - so less is more in my way of thinking. Time stretching has been the most important update to Cake in my opinion.