SOUNDBRIDGE .. Totally free DAW .. anyone use it?

aidan o driscoll

10 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If reaper somehow knows something, I'm a bit concerned.

I don't know how they keep track, as it's not like Cakewalk where it knows the email address you used. I always assumed that they put a key file or registry entry somewhere that tracks how many times you've started it up. That doesn't account for you being timed out on multiple systems. Which, BTW, aren't you supposed to stop using it or pay for a license after the trial? That's not optional, it's the terms of their license.

13 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I don't know how they keep track, as it's not like Cakewalk where it knows the email address you used. I always assumed that they put a key file or registry entry somewhere that tracks how many times you've started it up. That doesn't account for you being timed out on multiple systems. Which, BTW, aren't you supposed to stop using it or pay for a license after the trial? That's not optional, it's the terms of their license.

Yes, but Cockos is not Image-Line, which will bend backwards and forwards in legal pursuit of people using unauthorized versions on top of encouraging people ratting out potential "criminals". Not to say you should use it past the trial, but Cockos would find ways of preventing you from doing so if they cared about it.