Suddenly cakewalk wont record anything.

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Hi all,

I have an ongoing problem here. As a novice I'm struggling. I've recorded a song, lots of tracks, some keys some guitar (THU plugin) vocals ( some adjusted with Melodyne). All of a sudden I cant record. The new track looks normal, same output / input  just like the others ( see screen grab its the vocal track with record armed. ) and I get a good signal on the meter. but I click record, and it wont record anything at all. Off it goes as normal, but nothing is recorded. I'm now stuck and pulling my hair out, I know its probably a simple thing behind the scenes, but I'm such a novice, to me its a big problem. One or two helpful posts so far, but problem isn't solved and I'm stuck Any help gratefully received.

screenshot.png

John you are absolutely right, mea culpa. In my defence I find the terminology very daunting. you wrote this first;

Only thing that I can think of if the track has been automated. Either mute or volume .

I thogut, " no it hasnt" and didnt read on properly, in too much of a hurry, as usual, but of course more haste less speed. 

So my apologies, its must be  annoying to spend time helping people and they don't read the post thoroughly, I am on the naughty step, rightly so!