Cakewalk Update gets rid of my keyboard shortcuts?

JonnyHeyhey

Question

I noticed something that keeps happening, everytime cakewalk updates all my keyboard shortcuts disappear..

Is this an update thing? Or is it something that happens when i change projects so different projects have different shortcuts?

Like this is my 3rd time having to rebind all my shortcuts

Edited by JonnyHeyhey

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

Hey, hey, Jonny, Go to Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts and Export your custom set. Then you can Import them after each update.

Ah right, so from what I gather is that after each update it's natural for the keyboard shortcuts to be automatically deleted? Is there a way to prevent it from deletion after every update? ?

3 hours ago, JonnyHeyhey said:

Ah right, so from what I gather is that after each update it's natural for the keyboard shortcuts to be automatically deleted? Is there a way to prevent it from deletion after every update? ?

I use heaps of custom keybindings and never once have they been deleted as a result of a Cakewalk by Bandlab update.

On your system , they could be disappearing because of a workspace setting.  This is because, by default, each workspace loads their own keybindings settings.  If you set your Workspace to “none” do your previous Keybindings return?

I do actually use my own custom Workspaces but I do not want these custom Workspaces to load their own Keybindings.  I want my Keybindings to be global regardless of which custom Workspace I use.  To do this, I go into the Workspace manager, select my custom workspaces one by one.  Then under “Load from Workspace”, deselect "Keyboard Shortcuts".  That way, my Keybindings don't change when I load a different Workspace.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I use heaps of custom keybindings and never once have they been deleted as a result of a Cakewalk by Bandlab update.

On your system , they could be disappearing because of a workspace setting.  This is because, by default, each workspace loads their own keybindings settings.  If you set your Workspace to “none” do your previous Keybindings return?

I do actually use my own custom Workspaces but I do not want these custom Workspaces to load their own Keybindings.  I want my Keybindings to be global regardless of which custom Workspace I use.  To do this, I go into the Workspace manager, select my custom workspaces one by one.  Then under “Load from Workspace”, deselect "Keyboard Shortcuts".  That way, my Keybindings don't change when I load a different Workspace.

Wow nice...thank you so much for that tip!!