A Brief Message from Behringer

cclarry

We’re excited to soon show you the first demo of our Music Tribe DAW. However, since this is such a massive
development project, we expect it to only be released by year end.

As we stated in the beginning it will be completely free and automatically connect to our hardware equipment.

I'm looking on the bright side here. With Behringer showing what they are making, the Bakers have months to adapt if there is a killer feature in their new DAW.  Also maybe Meng will introduce a Control Surface to counter them. I guy can dream/hope can't he?

Edited by InstrEd
added stuff
  • Great Idea 1

Now see what you did to me. You got my brain racing with ideas.  Imagine a nice compact DAW control surface that works seamlessly with Bandlab and CbB.  
Would be cool to sketch ideas on the run using a little control surface able to run on Android. Maybe I'm smokin something here. Anyone else think it could be a useful idea.

39 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I'm looking on the bright side here. With Behringer showing what they are making, the Bakers have months to adapt if there is a killer feature in their new DAW.  Also maybe Meng will introduce a Control Surface to counter them. I guy can dream/hope can't he?

I like my x-touch mini (which ironically I bought to control photo software, not a DAW) but in terms of killer new feature....this is a company built on copying the IP of others at a cheaper price.  And the idea of developing anything on the level of Cakewalk in 18 months is just absurdity.   

I do agree some sort of inexpensive control surface for Cakewalk would be fantastic. 

As for the ability to run on Bandlab, no need for it personally.  Just about everyone owns a laptop these days for some kind of on-the go.  Using an android phone is basically a gimic for music production.  Sure it can be done, but it is more of an annoyance than it is worth.  IMO

3 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

As for the ability to run on Bandlab, no need for it personally.  Just about everyone owns a laptop these days for some kind of on-the go.  Using an android phone is basically a gimic for music production.  Sure it can be done, but it is more of an annoyance than it is worth.  IMO

You do have a point. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't hold my breath. We know nothing about which features this DAW will have and there's also a hint that it will be subscription based at some point.

Their PR department is doing a stellar job of painting the company in a light smeared with bodily fluids I cannot mention. So even the information they teased about the product cannot be trusted either.

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 3:55 AM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Now if only Behringer would fulfill his promise to donate 1000 synthesizers to underprivileged kids.

That's just weird.  For whatever reason, I literally just watched this  video while procrastinating doing some work...

• Like 3