IK Memory V FREE Until Feb 28th!

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Let's look at it this way...you have 10,000 customers.  About 9,000 of the customers already have the plugin.  8,000 of them bought the plugin.

Now, you, as the COMPANY, decided to give away the plugin FREE, as a gesture of "kindness", but ONLY to those who don't have it.

So, 1000 customers out of 10,000 get the "something free as a gesture of kindness" and 9,000 get NOTHING as a gesture of kindness,
basically being "penalized" for "already being a customer".

Hopefully THAT will ILLUSTRATE the "WHY" as to why this is an issue.

As I've said, they basically just told ALL of their "existing customers" to F*** off...you already got one - thanks for your money and loyalty - Happy Valentines Day!!!

The fact that most people REALLY don't think these things "through" logically is frustrating.  ON BOTH SIDES.

That’s ok, you’re entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

That would be the only way for people to care about Syntronik in the first place. A preset machine that gets in your way every time you want to create your own sounds. And if you load them into Sampletank, you can't edit the parameters.

Even without the ability of editing presets when you don't own the full version of the synth, Analog Lab is more flexible.

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

That would be the only way for people to care about Syntronik in the first place.

I guess I'm the odd one then. I don't have the time to play around with the music as would like so Syntronik fits the bill for me at the moment.  Sure I get what you are saying and if I had the time I would love to go the pure Synth route.   Especially for the price, Syntronik on sale is a sweet deal. YMMV :D

• Like 2

I think Syntronik is designed mainly to be used as a ROMpler (a preset machine) for musicians that need a song ready sound. Then you can tweak the filters or envelopes and the effects to make it fit.

I agree that serious sound designers (who prefer to make all synth sounds from init) may find Syntronik lacking, and they are usually the loudest to bash it, especially over at places like KVR.

But Syntronik sounds great, as the samples are high quality and came directly from recording the vintage analog synths.

• Like 2

Plus I never would be able to afford the Alesis Andromeda. So with the  knockoff-Galaxy I have something close. I got to play the real thing a couple times and it was cool to create sounds.  So  to have 22 synths in the Deluxe version,  even only with preset sounds galore is okay with/for me.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 2/13/2021 at 12:45 AM, abacab said:

I 'm not getting bent, but I will say that it's rather obvious that IK's business plan is to grow by acquiring as many customers as possible by giving free stuff away to new customers.

Happens everywhere in my experience........Been with your car insurance provider for 15 years and never made a claim?  Here's your renewal quote......20% increase. Never insured through us before - here's  60% off. Irks me every year having to play that game. I binned my satellite tv package a few years ago after many years of subscription as I sat on the sofa opening my mail one day. The letter I was looking at was from them informing me of a 10% price increase. On the TV at literally the same time was their latest advert......Join today on a 12 month contract and you can have it for 60% of the regular price and well give you a 32 inch Samsung TV and a Samsung Galaxy tablet free. That did it for me. I cancelled the next day and within a few weeks I was getting letters offering 68% off of what I had been paying if I resubbed. Too late as far as I was concerned.

It must make some kind of business sense or all these companies wouldn't do it, but it seems mad to me. I guess most people must just take it on the chin each time because inaction is easiest and this is what they depend on after they lure you in with the big offer.

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

Syntronik Deluxe and Analog Lab 4 cover a LOT of sonic ground.

I don't need the full synths. The only sound I ever design is the one my computer makes when I fall asleep and face-plant on the keyboard.  😅

No chair squeaks then ?

I'm much the same re sound design. Usually I CBA to start from scratch when I have such a wide sonic palette to serve as my starting point, so I pick something approximate to what I have in mind and tweak as required. This is the where AAS synths are great because of having the compare button although TBH it usually just proves that I have made it sound worse....

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John Maar said:

Syntronik Deluxe and Analog Lab 4 cover a LOT of sonic ground.

I don't need the full synths. The only sound I ever design is the one my computer makes when I fall asleep and face-plant on the keyboard.  😅

You are forgetting the sounds you make after having St. Patties day Cabbage or Taco Bell 😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

You are forgetting the sounds you make after having St. Patties day Cabbage or Taco Bell 😆

Nope. I donated part of my GI tract to the Army. No bag, but I'm a 4-lane expressway now. When I moved from Chicago to Arizona, the Windy City became less so. 🙃

3 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Nope. I donated part of my GI tract to the Army. No bag, but I'm a 4-lane expressway now. When I moved from Chicago to Arizona, the Windy City became less so. 🙃

That is one thing I have to say living around the Chicagoland area is the diversity of great food.  I was in Tempe, AZ to visit my Aunt and even she said the one thing I miss about Chicago area is the great food. 

My wife had almost 4 feet of her intestines removed 20 years ago. I know what you are talking about with the 4 lane expressway.

Take care and visit down here more often to take a break from helping in the main CbB thread :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Maar said:

Chicago was a great food town. Got to love NYC food, too, when consulting to Citi. Chicago comes out way ahead on friendliness.

Have lived on both coasts, and agree that Midwest (eg Chicago) is friendlier....also agree that Olivia was hot. And for the trifecta....do we at least get a few extra Jam points for nabbing this freebie that we all already have?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1