MIDI Processing plugins shortcuts.

Jeff Bowman

Hi Folks.

Hope you're all keeping well?

During lockdown I've had a lot more time to put into optimising my workflow and using more keyboard shortcuts.

A little roadblock I've run into is accessing the MIDI processing plugins via keyboard shortcuts.

The option is listed in the keyboard shortcut preferences but when I set it up it does nothing.

Interestingly if I try to access the plugins via the menu at the top of the screen  Process: Apply Effect everything is greyed out.

I can only access them by right clicking on the clip.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Jeff.

5 hours ago, Jeff Bowman said:

accessing the MIDI processing plugins via keyboard shortcuts.

What are the shortcuts you're using?
As far as the Process menu at the top, an effect has to be in the track's FX bin or in a clip in order for it to be applied. If nothing's there, it won't be available.

1 hour ago, 57Gregy said:

What are the shortcuts you're using?

I'm not. That's the problem.

If I right click on the clip I can then click on: Process Effect: MIDI Effects: Uncategorized:  and then whichever plugin I want to open.

I would like to be able to set up a keyboard shortcut to that.

20 hours ago, Jeff Bowman said:

I'm not. That's the problem.

If I right click on the clip I can then click on: Process Effect: MIDI Effects: Uncategorized:  and then whichever plugin I want to open.

I would like to be able to set up a keyboard shortcut to that.

I see. In the Windows standard keyboard shortcuts, is there on for right-click? I don't know.
Left-click is like the Enter key, but I've never heard of one for the right button.

3 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

In the Windows standard keyboard shortcuts, is there on for right-click?

Good thought. Shift + F10 is for right click but that seems to open some generic menu no matter where I place the cursor or whatever I select.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, looks like I'll have to put up with this one being impossible.

4 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

There is often a key to the right of the spacebar which acts as right click (fullsize keyboard).

Is that what that button is for!!!!!!  LOL.  I've had it for decades and had no idea what the image on the button was trying to communicate--totally non-intuitive icon.  

On 2/14/2021 at 11:21 AM, scook said:

Yeah, this looks like an autohotkey application.

Of course, ahk knows the current mouse position so it could, given the mouse is in the right place,  create a key binding to load, setup and apply a plug-in.

Something CbB key bindings and CAL cannot do 

Didn't know this either! I wish I could program more cakewalk stuff in Autohotkey!  l only need more time and brains LOL!

HI:)

@Max Arwood

Scook is a very experienced Autohotkey User, but I can help you too with not too complex things:)

I have a lot of Hotkeys under windows with autohotkey and just a few under CbB. For example Gain +- 1,2,3 dB which is very helpful if you do lot of audio edit manually. 

Deessing I always do manually, but now that the new Melodyne is out it's worth to test the Deessing in Melodyne...

I do open the EQ Flyout window with a AHK, to find the very small anchor to open it with the mouse is annoying....

Backup of the latest 10 directories in my Record Partition is very helpful too...

So just write what you want to do with AHK and I'll take a look;)

Perhaps I have this already working....

Bassman.

• Thanks 1